CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

After Megan left, Edward shed finally shed his tears. He knows he is doing himself a favor but losing Megan, is bitter sweet. The last thing he wanted is to hurt her but as she said they have to part ways not because they don’t love and care for each other but because they have to do it,

For themselves…

In Edward’s mind the next best thing to do is focus himself to his daughter. Who needs him and loves him so much amidst years of estrangement.  Edward gulped the rest of his brandy and decided to take a nap to at least rest his head from all that happened that day.

He entered his now, empty room and pulled off his long sleeve shirt. He climbed to bed and dose off.  He was sleeping soundly for hours when he woke up from the ringing or his mobile phone.

He shifted his body and looked at the alarm clock that was at the top of the side table beside his bed. It says 10 pm; he immediately answered his mobile and greeted the caller a hello.

He immediately sat at his bead when he heard the voice from the other line.

“Sorry, Edward did I woke you up?” Bella’s hesitant voice greeted him from over the line. He pressed harder the phone in his ear as if letting himself believe that it was really her calling him.

“Yah, but it is ok. Can I help you with anything, Bella?” He cautiously asked her. Bella sighed from the other line before answering Edward’s inquiry.

“Amelie and I are outside your doorsteps, Edward.” Bella mumbled as he heard Amelie doing her signature wail.

“Dada, dada, I can’t sleep I want you beside me, Dada…” He heard his daughter shouted as her mother hushed her.

“Sorry Edward but Amelie is driving me insane tonight that I have to drive her to your condo.” Bella uttered in between hushing her daughter as Edward open his front door, his phone in his ear.

Amelie stretched her little arms to him as soon as she saw him. She was twisting her little body out of her mother’s cuddle and reached out for him.

“Dada Dada Dada.” She wailed. Edward chuckled and got his daughter from Bella. “Hush, princess, daddy is here.” He whispered in her ears to calm her as he carried her inside his condo and signaled Bella to follow them.

Amelie buried her face at the nook of his neck and gave him butterfly kisses as he ran the palm of his hand on her smooth back and looked at his daughter’s mother who was hesitantly following them to the living room of his condo.

“Where is Nana Bel?” He asked Bella as he guided her towards the sofa.

Bella looked at him and smiled hesitantly. “She visited some relatives; she will be back by tom.” Bella informed him.

Edward sat at the sofa across where Bella was seated and sat his daughter on his lap as he rocked his legs up and down which made Amelie laughed.

“Dig Dig Dig, Dada. I am like riding a horse.” His daughter giggled and mumbled as she enjoyed what he is doing to her.

“Mommy, dada is giving me a horsy ride. Look dig dig dig.” She cutely told her mother. Bella smiled at her daughter and shook her head.

“You’re spoiling her.” Bella mumbled and looked at him. Edward chuckled and turned his head to his daughter who was busy giggling as she enjoys the ride on his lap.

“I am I spoiling you, Princess?” He jokingly asked his daughter in a baby talk voice.

“No mommy, Dada is not spoiling me, he just love me, Mommy just like he loves you.” Her daughter innocently told them as Edward and Bella looked into each other’s eyes.