Chapter 13 "That's a store for hookers"

Hunter wasn't kidding when he said that he was sending bodyguard. Granted they weren't dressed in black and wearing earpieces, they were dressed in jeans and hoodies but I still felt uncomfortable. I wasn't planning on running today. For starters Cassidy had all of my money and then there's the small problem of getting caught and dragged to the cells which would be way too close to Cameron and nowhere near as comfortable as my own room. Not to mention Hunter feeling like he has a right to walk in whenever he likes. At least if I’m in my old room then he will feel obliged to knock.

We had already hit two shops and so far all I had was jeans. For some reason I'm guessing that Hunter gave Cassidy a list of approved shops but maybe I'm just being paranoid. Or of course, there's the possibility that I'm right. I went to walk into the next store when Cassidy hooked my arm to turn me around.

"What?" I asked, confused. It was just a clothes shop, just because I went to take a look doesn't mean I was even going to get anything.

"Trust me, that's a store for hookers."

"Shop there much?" I asked. Cassidy scowled and I laughed, as did one of my many bodyguard. Anthony or something - Cassidy’s mate. Instead she took me into some shop that I didn't view as relevant enough to my life for me to remember the name. They had some clothes that weren't too awful so I grabbed a few t-shirts and a long skirt along with a random summer dress with elbow length sleeves and loose fabric, I wasn't maintaining the prostitute look. The only reason my clothes were tight was because there wasn't exactly a lot of money left over in our budget to pay for clothes. Every penny went towards food and the occasional decent motel. Any extra money that was spent on nice clothes were kind of short and slutty but I had to get make up to look older. Cameron got the occasional call from a wife looking to know if her husband was cheating. The easiest thing for Cam to do was to dangle a slab of meat, AKA me, in their path at a bar.

As the number of shops we bought clothes from multiplied as did the many bags on our arms. I’m all for independence and saving money off a gym membership but can’t my bodyguards make themselves a little more useful and grab a bag, preferably one of the bags with shoes - they weigh a ton.

We were walking past a few shops we didn't care about when Cassidy’s phone started buzzing. "Can you take this?" She asked holding out her arm that was lined with shopping bags stuffed tight with clothes. She had continued walking even though it would have been easier to just stop. I held out my arm and she piled then onto my collection. I began hobbling along the mall as Cassidy pulled out her cell and began chatting. She was so cheery whilst I tried to carry my body weight in fabric.

"Need a hand?" Leon asked running up on my right.

"Just one?" I countered. With a small laugh he took four of the bags off of me, one of which was a shoe bag and I was most grateful to him for taking it off my hands.

We walked for a few more minutes and Anthony took the remainder of Cassidy’s shopping bags away from her, only leaving her with her hand bag that was impossibly small and could probably fit no more than her lip gloss in side and if she was lucky, a breath mint. Cassidy said her goodbyes after informing whoever had called her of everything we had done that day in excruciating detail and finally put her phone away.

"So, there's a function coming up."

"What the hell is a function?" I asked, scrunching my nose up. It did not sound particularly fun.