Chapter 8 "He won't talk until he sees you."

I had been sitting in my room for the past two hours and i was starving. Hunter hadn't even shown his face yet. No one had. Cassidy hadn't even came to visit. I had those two guys outside the door who clearly weren't employed as waiters and whenever i asked them for something to eat they just gave me a very formal 'no'. They didn't both have to go! One of them could have stayed and kept an eye on the captive and the other could have buttered some bread and thrown some cheese in the middle. Even convicts get fed. 

I was lying back on my bed moaning and groaning when the door opened. Hunter sauntered in. His face gave nothing away but he closed his eyes for a few seconds before he came over and carefully sat on my bed. He was being very cautious around me for some reason. It wasn't like i was only wearing that shirt and nothing else. I was wearing jeans now, and underwear, given i was still in the same shirt. 

I peeked a quick look at him but he didn't look up to much so i closed my eyes. Id had a few disciplinaries from Hunters father but Hunter didn't seem to Share the same technique; like words and yelling and an actual disciplinary. I got in trouble all the time as a kid, the disciplinaries didn't start until i was around 14 when i really started to fly off the handle. Good times, good times. 

"What was it like?" Hunter asked. I peaked at him. His gaze was fixed strongly to the floor. His jaw was locked which, in the past, meant he was worried. He didn't really care about his question. It may have been vague but it was clear he was talking about my past few years. I opened my eyes rather than just looking out of a small slit. Sitting up i realized he'd been struggling with more than just looking at me. Some disciplinary this turned out to be. Regardless of how much of an asshole i was to him for the last two years Hunter and i were friends in the past. I don't know if the mate thing was pulling on the heart strings or if i was doing it for old times sake but i covered his hand with mine on his knee. 

"What?" I asked. If the physical contact wasn't startling enough for him to look up the word i said were definitely not the answer he was expecting. I sighed, whatever really happened these past two hours was definitely going to cut into my meal time. Darn it! If i don't eat soon then I'm going to lose enough weight that these clothes fit again. 

"After..."He searched for words. The options were a) 'you put beat the living daylights out of a trained werewolf' or b) 'I thought i had my mate and she turned out to be a heartless bitch that cant accept that her feelings are a thing'. He chose neither. "...earlier, I got a call from some of the guys on patrol. There was another rogue or omega, i don't know." He mumbled shaking his head. I don't know if it was just me but there was little to no reason for him to tell me any of this but i kept trying. Too bad he didn't keep talking. He dropped his head into his hands and didn't seem to be able to continue. There was nothing coming out of this conversation whatsoever. I wasn't getting my ear bit off for kicking ass or getting talked into being the future Luna. But for a second i swear, he was afraid. At the time i couldn't tell what. I had to wait for it to be spelled out for me. 

"Hunter, get to the point."  I was very impatient. He was struggling. What he had to say was hard for him or at least he didn't want to tell me. 

"He wont talk until he sees you." His eyes locked with me and he was deadly serious. 

Once again i would not be eating. Not to sound selfish but for fuck sake. Feed me! Someone just feed me something!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really really short chapter, I've been super busy the past few days but I'm trying to get a little bit done. This had to be a short chapter. I really just wanted to remind people that Hunters still got alpha things and I'm lining up a little something. Any one know what it is?