Chapter 10 "Its a peace offering."

I knew what Hunter meant. I wish i didn't. I wish he meant our trip to the cells, i would even take the kiss from yesterday if that's where it stopped but no. He was talking about us being mates. He meant that the pack had to know that the release was by request of their future Luna or else there would be outrage through the entire Moonstone pack.

Hunter was deadly serious. I hoped he had just gotten Oscar worthy good at acting in my absence but of course he didn't and he meant every word he said to me.

"No." I stated simply. That was it. Hell, for a second i wasn't even going to grace his proposition with a response. I could tell him where to shove his offer... How many times do i need to say it, I am not nor am i planning to become Hunters Luna. Is that so damn hard to understand?

I know how the pack worked in the past. I know how a woman's power in the pack is drawn from her mate. I know by being the mate of a powerful wolf who holds a higher pack ranking, say -I don't know- alpha, would be given the most power almost through manipulation. I have very little problem manipulating people but I refuse to accept that will be my life. Whispering my thoughts into Hunters ear along with a chain of 'I love you's with no guarantee anything will become of them, especially if anyone knew they weren't from Hunters head in the first place. I would rather join Cameron in his cell and let him tear me up before I do it to myself.

Hunters face dropped, if it was even possible for him to get worse he did. "Alexandra," there he goes again with my full name. When will the torture end!? "Sooner or later word will come out, others know of our connection and knowledge of your prescience here spreads by the day. Word will get out. Wouldn't you rather be the one to let it, and get your way?" He made his point. For the first few second I wanted to punch him in his gut just for telling people about us but the lovesick puppy inside of me kept my arms locked where they were. God, I can be such a bitch to myself sometimes. I reminded myself that what I wanted to do would only make things worse for myself. Hunters point although no doubt true just sent me even further along my path. I would never, ever give into him, no matter how hard the wolf in me wanted to throw in the town and throw herself at Hunter.

"I'll be in my room until you come up with a realistic offer." I told him without breaking eye contact or a fault in my voice which told him i meant serious business. This wasn't a discussion. We both made our standings pretty clear so standing face to face with my equally as stubborn mate would only give me sore feet, so I made my exit. I quickly pulled away from him and strutted down the hallway. Even though I wasn't I looked in control as I exuded confidence and made my way back to my own room- closely persuaded by tweedle Dee and tweedle dumb, hunters henchmen and my body guards.

----

It was hours before I got my first visitor. Leon, the waiter, DVD delivery guy and sucky fighter- I only saw two of those job descriptions that night.

"I come in peace." He announced as he entered my room with his hands raised in surrender. It was about time someone realized I was better than them at, well, everything. I didn't expect him to be that person but I'll take what i can get, especially if it doesn't involve me signing my life away on a marriage certificate. Leon held a plastic bag in his hand but i couldn't see exactly what was inside.

"Whats in the bag?" I asked sitting up on my bed. It was a cautious move at most but Leon was no threat to me or my well being. All i had to do was scream and he'd be locked up before he could say 'mommy'. 

He threw it onto my bed without stepping any closer. Smart boy. I quickly took to rummaging through the various things in the bag. A few films- The hangover part III, the avengers and Disney? OF all bloody things he gets me Frozen! For fuck sake... Do i look like someone who's into princesses and snowmen? I mean Leon probably loves it, but is he taking the piss? There was also a few bags of crisps, cans of juice and some sandwiches. It was no gourmet meal but god i can't remember being happier. I ripped open the clingfilm and bit a chunk out of the sandwich. It was beautiful. Nothing fancy, just chicken but for near enough the first time ever i didn't want to punch this guy in the face anymore. Who would have predicted that, i certainly didn't think so. The things food can do for you. 

I sat further forward with a can in my hand to give to Leon.

"Whats this for?" He asked taking it from me

"You threw the can, you open it." I ordered him. He rolled his eyes at me as he pulled the tab and opened it. There was a small fizz but no cola shower for Leon. I overestimated Leon which is shocking considering he was already a kitten in my mind now hes more like a stuffed kitten. 

"Its a peace offering." He told me as he came to take a seat on the edge of my bed. "not an act of war." He gave me back my drink and  i took a sip. That was beautiful. I don't know what changed this guys mind from being someone with a death wish that hated me to becoming someone who id willingly let live but i liked it. Hating the world is exhausting. 

"You can leave now." I told him with a satisfied sigh. Don't mistake my comfort for ignorance, I'm still pissed at Hunter and Cameron but i like eating and having a comfy bed. The goods just outweighing the bad right now considering i don't have the bad in the same room as me. I waved my hand to shoo Leon away.

"No thank you?" Leon questioned. I shrugged lying back with my tasty sandwich in one hand and my fizzy beverage in the other. With a grunt Leon rose from the bed. There was something about the way he walked, it was noticeably slower than a typical walk. It wasn't moping or distracted. 

"Wait" I stopped him sitting forward again. Leon turned around with a stupid look on his face that i didn't care about. He was so overcome by his own stupidity he didn't look out for anything that might take his head of- Like the Avengers. If it wasn't for the quick werewolf reflexes he wouldn't have woken up until tomorrow. He barely managed to catch it and had to swerve his body to the side so it wouldn't catch his cheekbone. "Put it on." I told him. An amused smile flashed across his face as he did what was asked. "Don't tell Hunter about this. I'm on a hunger strike for all he knows." I said with a smirk. That was an idea. I could make him worry to the point he'd do anything to get me to eat and then i could get my way. Oh, that is clever. Sometimes my brain even scares myself but i am truly brilliant. Its perfect. 

"Same time tomorrow?"

"Bring hot wings." 

There was something familiar about the situation. I was here against my wishes, nothing was going my way and somehow among all my hate it wasn't horrible. I was making do. God, don't tell me Leon was becoming a friend of mine. I suppose it could be worse. I could fall asleep... I could dream... In comparison to past experiences this place was the Hilton except cheaper. I even get room service in the form of Leon.... now that is something i plan on taking advantage of for however long it lasts.

---------------------

UNEDITED