Chapter 7 "I'm a sucker for boys in shorts..."

Well that was the quickest shower of my life. In the end i had to settle for wearing a plain old boring pair of black leggings and a white T-shirt which was very itchy against my skin. Id give half of the things I own just to turn and tear out of it but I like the leggings so that's not going to happen.

When I got down stairs and saw Cassidy's attempt at breakfast I wasn't surprised. In my rush I completely forgot that the girl can't make toast without burning it to hell and back which was exactly what she had done this morning. I laughed but there was no humour whatsoever in my voice. She hadn't even bothered to butter it. There was no way she was borrowing my shoes, not any of the pairs I like anyway. Instead for breakfast I settled for a bottle of water and a few cookies. By the time I was taking my first bite I had less than two minutes before I had to be outside and on the field doing warm ups. Normally given this to be a pack thing I would have been late on purpose but I was making a point. I was going to show hunter that a girl can be just as dedicated to fighting as any male wolf and kick their ass without breaking a sweat, whilst wearing an itchy shirt. Maybe not that last bit...

Breaking into a run I bolted to the field trying to eat without making a mess and not spill water on myself when I tried to take a drink. In the end a few drops ran down my face to my neck but I wiped them off an shook away the crumbs coating my white top but there were a few teeny tiny brown spots from chocolate that had started to melt before i got rid of it. It looked like the entire pack was on the field. I saw Luke putting three guys through their paces and making them do press ups, one of whom being Anthony, Cassidy's little love bird, and might i say she caught herself a good one. He wasn't even breaking a sweat. Luke didn't noticed me because he was looking the other way. Maybe this is going to sound crazy but without looking for him I could feel that hunter wasn't here, I just didn't know where he really was but when I took a step I could almost feel the tear of making distance between my mate and I. It was more annoying than this stupid t-shirt. Among a few nameless yet familiar faces I saw the asshole from last night.

Leon.

That man or boy or guy or whatever the hell he thinks he is just rubs me up the wrong way. He was real nearby and talking to a few of the other werewolves waiting to start training. That reminds me, I've got to make an impression pretty soon.

When Leon spotted me he quickly finished up his conversation with his friends and strolled over to me. "Didn't expect you to show on time." He grinned almost sounding shocked by my prescience. That tone! He deserved more than just words back but I tried my damnedest not to lash out at him.

"What can I say, I'm a sucker for boys in shorts sweating their asses off in a field." I replied. I rolled my eyes when I caught a glimpse of his smile trying to break through. All I want to do is turn and shred him into a million tiny pieces. That would just make my day. As I turned my head away I saw someone running into the field. Definitely a late comer but hunter was nowhere in sight so I took it upon myself to yell at him from about 10 yards away to do two laps of the pack house. Reluctantly the guy obliged. What? I'm the new coach. I'm in charge. If I'm not supposed to boss people around they should have thought up a better lie.

"A little harsh." Leon muttered. I glared at him but he was too busy watching the guy id sent away. Its not like the guy didn't deserve it. I made it on time and if i could id send Hunter to do laps too. 

I spoke without him watching me which got him to turn around and look at me with a hard look in his eyes. "Do you have a problem with how I run things?

"Yeah a little. He was five minutes late. Running the pack house twice would take at least 1 minutes holding us all back enough without counting in time to let him catch his breath."