The Beldam

"Coraline." She smiles, maniacally,

"Beldam."

"Nice of you to come back, Coraline."

"Let him go."

"I have no idea what you are talking about, Coraline." I point at my Wybie.

"Cora." Wybie steps back, He hits a fake me and yelps. He walks to the other side of the room. He stares at me with confusion, as if he doesn't trust me.

"Give me, Wybie," I demand.

"And What if I don't?" I glare, my nostrils flaring.

"Let's play a game," I suggest. "If I win, Wybie and I leave here. If I lose, you get to keep me." She grins.

"What would this game be?" She taps her left button, a clicking noise erupting. She seems amused.

"How about..." I look at Wybie, thinking. He is still looking at me with distrust.

"A finding game. The key that was thrown down the well ended up back in the Palace and I used it then you hid it." Wybie tells.

"Very well." Beldam nods. "A finding game. Go on." She shoos.

"Not until we get a clue." I walk over to Wybie and grab his hand, he grips mine.

"Ohh, right." She frowns. "The thing in which you will find is hidden in plain sight, you just have to look hard."

She walks out of the room, Wybie and I follow only to not see her in the main room. I sigh and turn to him.

He does look like he trusts me.

"Is it really you, Coraline?"

"Yes, I would've turned on you by now if I wasn't." He laughs at that. "I am not dressed for this."

"It'll be fine." I raise my eyebrow at him. I'm wearing the outfit I was when his grandma told ms he was missing.

"Let me go to 'my room', " I use finger quotes as I speak, "so I can't find something to wear."

"Alright." We go up to the room I used to love. I walk to the closet, a bunch of clothes that could fit me.

"What to wear?" I think aloud.

"How about jeans and a shirt?"

I pick up the jeans, they're ripped skinny jeans... that works. I look through the shirts, I choose a white tank top. Then I grab a leather jacket.

Wybie turns around and I change into the clothes, slightly tucking in the tank top. I put my converse back on and stand up.

"Here's a bag so we can keep the clothes you were wearing before." I nod and smile at him.

"How have you been, Wy? Like before you got trapped here."

"I was okay, I made a friend." He shrugs, "Oh my gosh, Will! He probably freaked out at least a little."

"Well, you'll have to explain it then." I shrug. I take his hand in mine and we walk out of the room. "Let's check the creepy living room." He nods and we walk towards the doors.

I pull on them and they stay shut, of course, they are locked. Wybie just hits the handle and then pulls on it, it opens.

I turn to him and he just smiles.

"I've been here for a while, Coraline. I've figured out some tricks."

We walk into the room, the bug chair walks toward us. I yank Wybie away from it so it doesn't grab him.

He smiles and then we walk towards the fireplace.

We look in there, doubt it is in there but it's worth a shot. She said it is hidden in plain sight... if only I had that candy that the 'actresses' gave me last time.

"Wait? Can't we leave? I mean the door was unlocked."

Wybie shrugs and tries, it's locked.

"She probably locked it after she disappeared, so she knows where the key is." I nod. Taking a look around the room, nothing is different than last time. I feel Wybie grab my hand, I look to him and smile.

We walk to the garden, it's a little different this time.

"Maybe it is in a plant?" Wybie suggests.

"Let's try it."

I look at all of the flowers close by, maybe the dragon snappers? They snap at me, obviously, but don't attack me.  I look in them and I see something black.

I grab it and force the mouth-petals open.

"A key, but not the button." I sigh.

"Hello, Coraline!" The other father smiles at me. "Hello, Wybie!"

"What does this key lead to?" I ask, holding it up but out of his reach.

"The cabinet."

"Which one?" He just flies away on that grasshopper-thingy.

"Well, let's try the cabinets, Cora." I nod and follow Wybie.

We make it back inside and I look at the cabinets.

Why does this house have so many?

Wybie leads me to the China cabinet. I try the key, it works. We open it and one of the jumping mice come out.

"Raaaare!" The cat jumps out and bites the mouse, it turns to a rat.

"Hey." I pet him.

"What are you two up to?" He asks. Wybie's eyes widen at the cat talking.

"Finding the key, we found another one so we wanted to see if it could help." I answer.

"Who says that would help?"

"Well, do you know?" He squints at me, then rolls his eyes.

"No, but how do you?"

"We don't." Wybie answers.

I look in the cabinet and see another key, great. I show Wybie and he seems to have the same reaction.

WYBIE POV:

Another key, well that's wonderful. Now we have to find what that's to, and go on a wild goose chase.

"You two only have until the button covers the moon." The cat tells, looking out the window.

"Of course,that's the timer again." Cora rolls her eyes.

"Maybe ask the other father again?"

"Last time he did something he wasn't supposed to he turned into a pumpkin man." Coraline shudders.

"Let's see if it opens those doors?" I suggest. She nods and we walk over there. Nope.

Where would it go to? More cabinets? Mr.B's? The old ladies'?

"Let's try more cabinets." Cora walks to a different room, looking at the cabinets. We pull at some until we find one that is locked.