chapter 25

Om's pov

"Omkaraji....where were you??" Gauri asked as soon as I reached home....

"Well....had to trap the other culprit involved in your kidnap" I said and she looked at me confused

"Other culprit??" She asked

"Ridimma..." I said and she gasped

"Well...she was the one who helped Kali thakur escape from the jail" dad said

That's when I realized dad had some explaining to do....

We all sat in the living room...

"Dad....why does the police officers keep you informed about Kali thakur??" I asked and he looked at me in horror...

"Wo....mein..." He stammered

"Wo..mein..kya tej??" Mom asked

"Nothing....the police officer is my friend..he just tells me everything...that's all..." He said not necessarily meeting anyone's eyes...

Seriously?? What kind of an excuse is that...

Why is he lying??

"Bade papa....how did you track gauri??" Shivaay asked

"Well...using her phone of course" he said in a duh tone...

"But khanna tried to track down bhabhi using her phone...but he couldn't because the phone was switched off...then how did you track her down" Rudy asked

"Wo...tho...bas aise hi " he said

What the hell is wrong with him....

"Uncle ...don't you think its time for them to know everything" arnav who was silent all this time spoke...

"To know what??" Gauri asked

"Nothing....seriously...its nothing" dad said and glared at arnav and he had his usual smirk on his face....

"Dad....its not nothing....there sure as hell is something...and you are going to tell us that now...." I said and he sighed...

"Well...its a long story" he said and I rolled my eyes

"We are all ears...." Rudy said

"Well where do I start" he said to himself...

"Uncle why don't you start with gauri leaving oberoi mansion" arnav said and dad glared at him...

"Shut up arnav....aur gadbad mat Karo" dad said

"What does this have to do with me leaving oberoi mansion" gauri asked as confused as we all were....

"Well...that's when all this started" arnav said

"Meine kaha chup raho" dad said glaring at arnav and he acted as if zipping his lips using her finger....

"Okay...As gauri left the mansion....I knew that om has misunderstood her....because I know people....I can say that from seeing them whether they are genuine or not...and it was clear that gauri was innocent" he said and I felt more guilty...everyone knew that she is innocent....except me....

As if sensing my thoughts...gauri held my hands in hers in a comforting gesture....

What did I ever do to deserve you gauri...

I looked into her eyes and got lost in them...

"Agar tum dono ki eye lock hogayi tho kya hum baaki story sunnte he??" Anika bhabhi asked and I rolled my eyes...