Chapter 7

Raina, dressed in a black gown, walked down the gloomy halls.  Cobwebs and dust befell the once grand halls of the Friggan castle.   She had an inkling of where she was going, but she couldn’t remember why.

It was something important…

She wore a black veil over her face and walked with elegance on the cobblestone walkway outside to a gathering of some of her friends and family.

They wore grim faces and when they looked up at her, their eyes immediately fell down and they would nod in her direction. 

Even Thor and Jane couldn’t look her in the eyes without shedding a tear.  She was confused by this manner until her eyes found the reason.

He lay there, beautiful and serene, in a dark wood boat filled with white flowers of different kinds.  She recognized the flower, they came from the gardens that she saw were now withered and dark. 

She noticed one in her hand called a Rosa Laevigatae and her heart lurched from her chest.  Her brain couldn’t process what exactly was happening.

A young woman with dark chestnut hair grabbed her hand, “It is time to say good-bye, mother.”

Raina’s eyebrow furrowed.  Mother?

The young girl had all of her physical features from her plush lips to her curves.  But her eyes reminded Raina of her love.

Those are Loki’s eyes!

She reached out to touch the girl’s cheek, smooth and real.  Tears formed in her own eyes.  The young girl grabbed her other hand with the rose in it and helped her toss it into the boat that Loki lay. She didn’t understand what was happening. He can’t be dead…we have a daughter to take care of.  We have a kingdom to rule together…

All of a sudden, the boat was sent off, sending Loki to join others in the stars and in Hel .

Frantic, Raina ran out to him, ignoring the calls of her name from behind her.  The coolness of the water grasped her legs and made them numb, “No!  He isn’t dead! No!”  She reached out to him as he floated away, her hands not even close enough to grab the boat.

She watched as he sailed away from her.

A pair of arms grabbed her from behind and dragged her out of the water, sitting her up on the hard ground.  She made it difficult for them by dead weighting herself.  The owner of the arms whispered from behind her, “Do not worry, my queen.  I will take good care of you.”

She tilted her head slightly to look at her “rescuer”.

She held her breath, “Dr. Aiden Weaver?”

His smile was dazzling white and his dazzling blue eyes gleamed mischief, “You can call me The Dreamweaver, my love.”  With that he forced his lips to Raina’s and kissed her deeply.