Chapter 2

Raina found her way to the room Jane was using for preparation for the coronation.  When she entered, she found several maids scattered around Jane and Jane looked like she was in a panic.  Jane wore an elegant ruby colored gown with elaborate gold threading and pearls sewn into the bodice and long sleeves.  A train would be attached to it before the ceremony started.  It took the seamstress months to complete this dress for the future Asgardian queen.  The dress was yet to be fully attached to Jane as the maids were inexperienced at lacing up a dress like this.  It had been a long time since the need for that kind of work was desired and Raina knew how to do it well enough.  Jane’s hair was just completed by the hairdresser as it had pearls threaded through strands of her hair and scarlet ribbons twisted into her chic updo.

She glimpsed in the mirror and saw Raina behind her.  She immediately got up and ran to hug Raina, while holding her dress up.

“I am so glad you are here!  I need help!” Jane was gasping as Raina guided her back to the chair.

Raina laughed, “I can see that your maids are not quite adequate at lacing up the dress,” Raina looked at one of the girls, “Get me the ribbon that came with this dress now.  The queen cannot be late to her own coronation.”

The girl shook her head and searched for the ribbon.

Jane sighed, “You have so much authority in your voice.  You were made to be a queen.  I don’t think I am quite cut out for this.”

Raina leaned down so she and Jane were at eye level, “Jane Odinson!  You are going to be a tremendous queen and you have the most supportive husband and king who will be by your side no matter what.  And you have a fantastic sister and brother-in-law that will help you through it.”

Jane smiled, “I am so glad you came for me that day not long ago, making me see that I needed Thor.  I would not be this happy with what’s-his-face.  And I would never had made such a great friend.”

Raina laughed, “No tears, Jane.  Buck up!”  She flicked her fingers under Jane’s chin and set to work lacing the back of her gown, tightening as she started from the top and made her way downward.  She heard Jane gasp as she pulled, “Can you breathe?”

Jane smiled, “Yes, very little though.”

Raina smirked, “Then it isn’t tight enough.”  She pulled again and Jane almost fell out of her seat.  Raina held her stomach from laughter. 

Jane started laughing as well and Raina was happy to see that Jane could relax now.

“Thor wants to start having children after I become queen.  He says that it will be good to start our lineage,” Jane said quietly.

Raina gave her a half-smile, “Well, it is to be expected from a son of Odin, now king of Odin’s Asgard.”

“I guess you are right,” Jane was still being quiet and not looking Raina in the eye.

Raina stopped working with the lacing and stared at Jane, “Are you saying you don’t want to have children with Thor?”