Chapter 6

“So you went to see Jane to stir up trouble and suspicion?” Loki eyed her while taking a drink from his goblet.

He finally agreed to come to dinner after she begged for over an hour as he continued to look over documents and maps.  Apparently, he had been between the library and war room for most of the day.  Raina spent the rest of her day thinking in the gardens after returning home from Asgard.  But the more she thought, the angrier she became.

Now after she told Loki her real reasons for seeing Jane, he had a tone of disappointment.  His usually glistening green eyes were faded and he had dark circle under them.  His skin didn’t have the brilliant pale luster as before, now it held an ashy bland tone.  He looked sick to Raina, so she decided he needed to come eat dinner with her.

Now she wish she would have just left him to do whatever he was doing.

“No, I went to get answers that you are unwilling to give me.”

“I told you not to worry!”

Raina stood, “Loki Laufeyson, I am not one to stand around and watch idly   as my husband prepares for something that is making him lose his mind.  You have done nothing but spend your time in the library pouring yourself over those maps!  You tell me not to worry, but I am worried, worried about you!”  Raina ran her hands through her hair as a headache emerged; she pulled at her hair a little.

She squinted her eyes at Loki, who sat in awe of her, “When you are through acting like a pitiless child, you can come find me!”

Loki recoiled from her shouting and even looked frightened of her as she walked away from the dinner table.

Tara stood a few feet from them and looked at Loki, “Should I follow her, my king?”

He rubbed the bridge of his nose and carelessly waved his hand in the air, “Leave her be for now.  She is upset with me and she could take it out on you which would also make her feel guilty later and the results could be futile.  Go about your routine, Tara.  I will check on her in a while.”

Tara looked back in the direction that Raina walked in, worried about her queen.

Loki, having lost his appetite, stood up, wiped his mouth with his napkin and headed to the library once more.

His mind was lost.  His heart ached from seeing his wife upset, but he needed to protect them.  Thanos was an angry Titan and if he ever regained his previous power, he wouldn’t hesitate to come for Loki and his family.  Loki had been studying books in the library, anything with secrets to keep Thanos at bay.  So far, his research had been for not.

“Brother,” Thor called out from behind Loki.

Loki gave him a weak smile, “Thor, I wasn’t expecting you.”

Thor hugged his brother, “I went to your dining hall to find half eaten plates and a maid there told me you were going to the library.  She had to point me in the direction to find you.”