Chapter 26

And I'm right back with the next chapter. See, you guys didn't even have to wait that long at all. I'm warning you guys though...
____________________________________

        Even with the certainly unavoidable death that (y/n) knew she was about to face, she couldn't help but feel a strange sense of happiness as Silver kissed her back. When the flames swirled past with them standing in their way, she expected to feel their searing heat but nothing happened. Silver must have noticed as well for he pulled away from her with a confused look. "Did we die that fast or are these flames just not burning us," he questioned as he kept (y/n) pulled to him.

        (Y/n) noticed that they were indeed in the middle of the multicolored flames and they stuck to her like real flames would but they did not burn her nor did they dissolve any of her clothing. "I don't understand it either but...we're alive," (y/n) muttered. She and Silver shared glances of realization before they both smiled in pure happiness despite the confusion caused by the flames. Silver hugged her, spinning her around as he let out a slight laugh of joy.

        "We're somehow still alive," he muttered. Ho-oh's screech promptly interrupted the moment as the flames mysteriously disappeared, simply putting themselves out. "Did you do that?" (y/n) asked the legendary pokémon. As to how Ho-oh kept the flames from harming them was a mystery but it was obvious that they were saved by Ho-oh. The rainbow winged pokémon no longer glared at them and (y/n) could sense a strange emotion emanating from Ho-oh.

        "You've decided to believe us? With all due respect, not that I'm doubting your decision, I'm curious as to why," (y/n) said to Ho-oh although the pokémon couldn't return an answer to her in words. Reading Ho-oh's message of emotions was all she needed and with that, she gave a content sigh and nodded to Ho-oh. "Thank you," she said. Ho-oh nodded back and began to make leave as it rose into the skies again. Silver and (y/n) watched, following Ho-oh with their gazes until not even a rainbow colored glimmer could be seen in the sky.

         "We did it, didn't we. All of this stuff is over and...I can finally, no we can finally live in peace," Silver said as he rested his head on (y/n)'s shoulder. "Yeah...there are some memories that I need to go get. Why don't we start where we left off at?" (y/n) said, reminding Silver that she didn't know everything that he did. "Even if tou don't have the memories of the future I once knew, I'd still never leave your side. I still carry those memories. My mind wouldn't allow me to leave you," Silver muttered.

        (Y/n) laughed a bit. "Since when did you have a way with words? I'm sure you never said anything like that in the future," she teased. "I was scared you know. I really thought we were going to die just then," Silver said. (Y/n) stayed silent and allowed Silver to keep her in his embrace. "(Y/n)! Silver! Are you guys okay? Please tell me you two are okay!" Gold could be heard calling as he got closer to their location.

         He skidded to a halt after passing bt the slightly charred exit to the top of the tower. "You two are alive. I was worried for a bit when I started seeing the fire but it suddenly vanished," Gold said with a sigh of relief. "Where's Crystal?" (y/n) asked. Gold gave a grin of triumph. "She's holding the last remnants of Team Rocket back. According to some idiots, many have ben leaving Team Rocket after learning about what Giovanni had been doing to you and Silver," Gold said.

         (Y/n) heard Silver give a slight hum of satisfaction and she could tell that he was likely smirking. "That'll teach that darn Giovanni a lesson. If you mess with Ho-oh you get...well, that's not fitting for this situation. Let's see...yeah, I got nothing," (y/n) said. Silver laughed again and (y/n) found herself enjoying him in his happier state of being. It was as if all of his stress was rapidly disappearing. "You really do make her happy don't you Silver. And it's the other way around too right," Gold said with a smile of approval.