Chapter 16

And I'm back with yet another chapter. Time to see what happens next...
____________________________________

        He opened his eyes finding that he was a little cold but safe nevertheless. Once he fully adjusted his sight to the light, Silver recalled everything that happened before that moment. "(Y/n)!" he said as h jolted up from the bed that he lay in. His body howled in pain but he didn't care. He needed to find his love, his one true source of happiness. "Silver, you're awake! I was worried about you," Giovanni said from the side of the room where he sat in a chair.

        He had a few bandages around one of his hands but other than that, he was perfectly fine. "(Y/n)..." Silver muttered, still looking around for her. "Oh, the girl? She saved us, you know. Ho-oh fell under her control and we all escaped. Everyone is being treated here at Ecruteak's Pokémon Center. I've been waiting for you to wake up," Giovanni said. "Shut up...this is all your fault. If you'd just left us alone, no one would have gotten hurt," Silver said, refusing to look at his father.

        Giovanni sighed but kept silent. "Hey, you can't go in there! You need to return to your room!" someone from outside could be heard saying. "This is his room isn't it!? Then I'm going in!" Gold's unmistakable voice said rather angrily. Soon after, Silver's door was thrown open to reveal Gold standing at his door and seething with rage. "You...how could you let this happen," Gold said as his anger morphed into sadness. He collapsed to his knees right then and there and began to cry.

        "Listen kid, if you're going to cry, could you do that somewhere else. I'm trying to have a moment with my son here," Giovanni said. "No...he needs to know because I know you didn't tell him," Gold said as he stood back up and wiped his tears away. Gold walked up to Silver and pulled him by his shirt collar. "This is your fault. Don't you forget it," Gold said and he let Silver go. Silver was confused. Was Crystal okay? Gold seemed too distraught for her to be safe and sound.

        "Gold...I don't know what you're talking about," Silver quietly said, hoping not to fall under Gold's abuse. He still ached from what were apparently burns that littered his body and were covered by bandages. "I hoped that she could still somehow turn her life around but she never left your side. I should have forced you out of her life...then maybe...maybe she might still be here," Gold said through his returning tears. Silver felt his blood go cold.

        "Gold, this is no time to be making jokes. Where is (y/n)? What room is she in?" Silver said. "You idiot...she's dead," Gold whimpered as he sat on his knees and cried onto the side of Silver's bed. "No...you can't be serious. She...she was able to control Ho-oh. There's no way...no," Silver said as his own tears began to fall. "Is that what he told you? Yeah, she control Ho-oh. For a good bit she kept Ho-oh under control but she went back to the top of the tower to lure Ho-oh away from us while we escaped. The moment she lost control of Ho-oh...that was when the tower collapsed and Ho-oh let out one last fire attack," Gold said.

        Silver felt his heart shatter and it hurt his heart so much that he held his chest in hopes of quelling the pain. "You knew this...didn't you, Giovanni," Silver said, not even wanting to call him his father anymore. "What was I supposed to do? Telling you of her fate would only make you grieve," Giovanni said and what made things worse was the fact that Giovanni was unphased by it.

        "...what was I supposed to do, forget her? I loved her! We were going to move to Kanto and everything. I was going to introduce her to Green and...and we were supposed to live happily without Team Rocket's influence. I was going to be happy with her!" Silver said as his vision blurred with tears. "Leave," Silver said to Giovanni. "What? I'm your father. You can't just tell me t-" he was saying. "I said leave!" Silver shouted. Giovanni flinched at Silver's outbursts and left soon after.

        Silence uncomfortably made itself into the room. "Happy huh? Was she really that happy with you, Silver?" Gold asked with genuine curiosity. His tears had disappeared but his eyes were still dull and sad. "She never went a day without showing me how happy she was on the outside. She always had a certain sadness about her because of the treatment she faced. That's why I wanted to take her to Kanto. She thought of it as a place to start over," Silver said as he thought back and tried to imagine (y/n)'s happiness as she talked about moving to Kanto.

        "I'm sorry. I know that's a late apology but I really am. I just wish...I wish we could fix things. Not just with (y/n) but between us too," Gold said. Silver wished so as well but knew not how to fix his problems. "No need to worry. I can help," a voice within his head said. Silver ignored it, thinking he might just be going crazy. "I'll ne waiting for you in Ilex Forest. You better hurry before Giovanni comes back amd forces you to leave and join Team Rocket with him," the voice said.

        Silver knew then that this voice wasn't his own gone crazy. "Gold, we need to go, now," Silver said. "We can't leave until they discharge us," Gold muttered. "I know how we can fix everything. You need to trust me for once," Silver said as he fought his pain and stood up. "What are you talking about? Nothing can bring her back," Gold said. "I'm not asking you again. If you really want to fix things between us and save (y/n), then you need to come with me," Silver snapped.

        Gold looked up at the hand that Silver was offering him. "You better not be doing anything stupid," Gold said as he took Silver's hand. Silver nodded and led the way, exiting the Pokémon Center patient area. "Excuse me but you two haven't been discharged. You can't leave yet," a nurse said when she saw them trying to leave. "Silver! Where are you? We need to talk!" a very angry Giovanni could be heard yelling through the halls. "Run," Silver said. Gold didn't hesitate to comply.

        The two of them made a run for it, dodging nurses and other patients along the way. "Our pokémon are behind the front desk on the way out. I'll get them," Gold said. Silver nodded just before Gold changed direction. Silver made it outside before Gold who wasn't too far behind him with both of their trainer's bags. "Where are we headed? It can't be too far. I'm dying over here. All of this sudden action is making my skin burn a bit," Gold said as they ran.

        "Gold, where do you think you're going?!" Crystal's unmistakable voice shouted after them. "Ilex Forest now run faster before she catches us," Silver said. "Ilex Forest?! Do you know how far away that is from here?!" Gold asked. "Do you know what will happen if Crystal gets her hands on you?" Silver asked. Gold stayed silent and kept running. Silver made up in his mind that he would save (y/n) no matter what happened.
____________________________________

I don't really have an end author's note so until next time you awesome readers!