Chapter 6

Guess who gets the point of view this time? Yup, that's right, Silver does! Another chapter here for you awesome readers!
____________________________________

        "Silver, are you sure this is the best place to be hanging out at. It seems sort of...creepy," (y/n) said to Silver as he led her through Ilex Forest. He glanced back at her seeing that she didn't seem to be scared but she continuously watched her surroundings. "Don't worry. It's definitely safe here," Silver muttered as he continued onward into the forest. It was sort of dark since the trees had canopies so dense that there was hardly any sunlight passing through the treetops. There were also a number of wild pokémon freely roaming...wait a second.

        "You aren't worried about the wild pokémon are you?" Silver asked. "What? No, of course not. It's just, I don't make good memories in dark forest or caves. Also Gold told me that something bad happened here and that there might be a special pokémon hidden in this particular forest. This is Ilex Forest isn't it? Me and special pokémon don't really mix," (y/n) ranted as she continuously looked around.

        Silver suddenly felt like their positions had been reversed. He remembered himself being the same way when he'd first battled with (y/n). He had constantly been watching his surroundings, not afraid but most definitely cautious. "Sorry. I didn't know that you didn't like forests. This place is sort of...you know, the place I'd rather be," Silver muttered as he remembered what (y/n) had said to him back when they'd been at the Pokémon Center together.

         He didn't know why but the memory was a nice one that he did want to let go of. He was beginning to find (y/n)'s presence anything but annoying which was unusual for him. It was just like when he used to be friends with Gold and Crystal. The only problem was that if he let (y/n) become his friend, would she leave him like they had? "What are you smiling about, huh?" (y/n) asked as she caught up to him and walked by his side.

        "Huh? I wasn't..." Silver said but then he realized that he actually had been smiling. Upon this realization, Silver's eyes widened in surprise and he felt a strange sensation of happiness. He gave in to that happiness since it had been a while since he'd felt it. "I guess I was," he said. (Y/n) suddenly stopped in her tracks and stared at him. "What's wrong?" Silver asked. (Y/n) quickly shook her head at him.

        "No, nothing's wrong. You...you did it again. Your smile is so precious!" (y/n) exclaimed as she also smiled. Silver felt his face heat up a bit and he turned away. "No it isn't. You're just seeing things," Silver muttered in embarrassment. He continued onward and (y/n) followed until he stopped at the only area in the forest where light made it though. He was still in the shaded area of the forest just outside of the light that shone through.

         A single large tree sat in the center of the sunlit area. Silver was about to walk out into the lit area but he was suddenly pulled back by his sleeve. He looked back finding (y/n) staring at the mysterious tree with uncertainty. "It's there. The special pokémon is there. I can sense its feelings. Its scared. If you go out there while it's like that, it won't end very well," (y/n) said in a quieter voice than normal. "How do you know it's the special pokémon?" Silver asked although he didn't doubt (y/n)'s judgement.

         "I've sensed the feelings of many pokémon. Special ones give of a certain aura. This one has the same aura as that other special pokémon that I met," (y/n) said as she stepped forward with her eyes focused on the tree as if she was in some sort of trance. "Hey, wait, you shouldn't go over there either," Silver said, finding it a bit odd for him to be so worried about someone else's well-being. "I'm going to calm it down," (y/n) said barely above a whisper as she kept her eyes on the tree and walked towards it and into the sunlight.