12.- The dream becomes true

MONTHS LATER...

Months had passed since that day Vol entered the ZPD academy, time in which there was his birthday among it, reaching his 25, apart from bad and good days. He even had to go through a slow process to obtain the ID in Zootopia, something he needed to do in order to complete the guidelines to end up working as a cop. However, he managed to be a policemammal, going through the psychologist every day and recovering from his problems, after undergoing arduous training and achieving incredible results, one of the best of promotion, with an attitude that never left him, an attitude that made him catch the dream he wanted so much: Being a policeman and protecting the innocents. Apart from good days talking by video calls, with computers that they provided to those going through the training, with the mammals who welcomed him. They helped him a lot on the worst days, when he needed it the most.

At first, it was hard to believe, but there he was, dressed in uniform and ready to make Zootopia a safer and more secure place. He was close to the stage, shaking lightly, since his moment would soon come, the moment when they gave him the badge, a moment that he looked forward to with anxiety and nerves, but with the desire to start doing what is right.

Chief Bogo approached the altar to welcome the new recruits, the procedure prior to handing over the badges. "Today I am proud to present the new mammals of the police of Zootopia, animals willing to give everything to protect our city, with courage and bravery and without hesitation to save a life. Their duty in the future will be to protect each and every one of us. of the population of our city. The new officials who are here today, have sworn to serve and protect, they have done everything possible so that we can live more safely. I congratulate each one of you." He gave the police salute and stepped off the altar, calling for Judy.

The rabbit got on the altar and spoke a few words to the new officers. "Today we are here to give the badge to all these animals who have passed the tests and are willing to give their all for Zootopia. Different species, from a strong rhinoceros to our first blue fox in town." Vol smiled nervously at the gaze of the audience. "If we can claim something, it is that we don't care who you are or what you are, since what matters is your will to do good, regardless of appearance or species. We welcome the new policemammals to the team." Now came the time to hand out the badges to the recruits. "Jumbo Horton." An elephant stepped forward for the badge. "Nuria Girafez." A giraffe advanced and stooped to pick up the plate. So several passed until the last: Vol. "And finally, Vol Jimenez." The fox stepped nervously towards Judy and stood up straight, his expression changing to serious when Judy placed the badge on him. "Congratulations, friend, you finally made it." She gave him a smile.

"Thank you for giving me the opportunity and trusting me, without you and your strength, I couldn't have done it." He smiled at the rabbit, corresponding to the attitude shown by her. After that, the two of them gave the police salute.

After having had a great day, they decided to celebrate it with a dinner: Judy, Nick and Vol. Judy knew a good quality restaurant for such a special occasion as it was the day of Vol's joining the police force. They pondered it among themselves for a while and made the decision to go to the restaurant that the rabbit knew, which was not too far away. They arrived without delay and decided to enter. Passing through the door of the restaurant, it looked like a high class one, decorations that enhanced the view of the place, shiny silverware, glasses and plates, white tablecloth, all very clean and without stains of any kind, quite a place to celebrate what has been achieved after months of hard work.

They sat at a table assigned by the waiter who was going to serve the, at that time without uniform, diners police officers. Their menus were given to them for selection. While Judy ordered a plate of salad and carrots as first and pasta as second and Nick a soup to start and a vegan steak to add later, Vol was hesitant, but preferred a little paella first and a potato gratin as second.