Earning Your Spot

Monica's alarm went off Tuesday morning at 5:30 a.m. Chandler was already up because he couldn't sleep. Reaching over Monica as she stirred, he hit the snooze button.

"Morning, sleepy head." He kissed her

She stretched and opened her eyes to find her husband hovering over her. "Come to school with me." She begged

"I'm sorry..." He apologized knowing he couldn't.

"Chandler, I don't understand. What exactly did he say that pissed you off enough to quit?" She asked, suddenly wide awake.

He sighed "I can't go back there when he talks down to us like that."

"Down to us?" Monica questioned, not sure what he means by that.

"He just-" Getting frustrated, Chandler rolled over and onto his back "He just thinks that I don't try hard at my job. That all I do is talk to you in the hall and ignore my students."

Monica titled her head not believing what he was saying to her. Surely, she was only hearing one side of the conversation.

"I'm sorry Monica, but I can't go back and work for someone who treats me like I'm new and don't know what I'm doing."

"So what are you going to do, just sit here all day?"

He shrugged, not sure what he is going to do.

"Don't do this to Cam." She said

They both knew how mad Cameron was when he realized that he wouldn't be in his dads class anymore.

"What do you want me to do?"

She shook her head before finally pulling the covers back "You're a big man. Figure it out."

Chandler watched her leave to take a shower.

"If everyone will please get out your text books we will begin." Mr. Kleen instructed

John sat there, not making any gesture to do so, as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Johnathon-"

"That's not my name." He shot at the teacher when he called him by his full name.

"That's what is says on the attendance sheet." He said looking at the paper once more.

"Well, I don't like that name." John said

Mr. Kleen nodded "Okay, I'll make a note of that, but right now I need you to get out your book, please."

"I'm not doing any work until Mr. Bing comes back."

Everyone looked at him as he disobeyed.

"I'm sorry John, but Mr. Bing is not coming back."

"Then I'm not doing my work." He continued to sit there.

Mr. Kleen hated to send students to the principle but he knew what he was doing in his class was disrespectful and wasn't fair to the rest of his students "Then I think you should go see Mr. Burke." He told him

John turned angry, mad that he would push it that far. He grabbing his stuff "Fine."

Cameron and Alice looked at one another as John left the room.

He slouched back in the chair in front of the principle.

"Now, Mr. Adams, why are you in here today?" Mr. Burke asked folding his hands on top his desk.

"I'm not doing my work until I see Mr. Bing's face." He explained

Mr. Burke leaned back knowing that was a hard task to get accomplished in order to get a student to participate in class. "Why don't you see Mrs. Bing? She may have a picture of him."