Too Many Kids, One Less Job

Chapter: 27, Too many kids, one less job

Walking through the garage door to their home, after that unpleasant run in with Janice, they heard the landline ringing.

"Peyton, do your homework." Monica instructed right away as she went to go answer it.

She slouched in the nearest chair and swung her book bag onto the table "It's the weekend. Can't I wait until Sunday?" She asked

"What if you forget?" Monica countered "This way it is done and over with." She said moving closer to the phone "Hello?"

Peyton took out her book "Can I get a phone?" She asked randomly

"A phone? No." Monica shook her head as she dealt with Joel and Bradley's afternoon snack with the phone nestled in between her neck and shoulder "Hey, Rach." She smiled hearing her friends voice for the first time all week.

"Cameron's got a phone." She continued

"Yeah, I'm also in high school." He said from the kitchen, getting a bag of chips to eat.

"That's not fair." She pouted

Monica got two sippy cups and filled them with juice. "Um, until what time?" She looked over at the clock "Yeah, five is fine." She paused "Okay, bye."

Dropping the phone from her neck into her hand she pressed end.

"I have to run and pick up Izzy." Monica told them

"Can I come with?" Peyton asked, trying to escape her homework assignment.

Monica shook her head and grabbed her purse "You need to finish your math." She looked over at Cameron "You're in charge. Please keep the house clean. I'll be back in fifteen minutes."

"Then what?"

Chandler hovered over a student as he helped her with the homework that was due the day before.

"Bring X over?" She asked

"Yes! Yes, that's right!" Chandler smiled, proud that she is understanding it. "Alright, you got the next one."

After checking through her answers Chandler let her go "See you Monday."

"Thanks Mr. Bing." She smiled before leaving.

Chandler walked over to his desk when he glanced over, seeing someone at his door.

"Chandler." He walked in

"Yes, Sir?"

He sighed and folded his arms across his chest "You've been here what? 5 years?"

Chandler nodded

"You've changed a lot since the first year you started here. You made friends with the faculty and welcomed the new comers." Richard paused "Your students get along great with you and you help them tremendously whenever you can."

"I do love teaching here."

Richard Burke nodded "I'm glad." He sighed once more "I hope you understand that I can't have you in the halls every period not knowing what is going on in your class." He said "I'm not paying you to stand around and talk to your wife during hours."

Chandler was growing angry as he tried to control it. He hated when anyone talked about Monica in that way.

"I also know that you use the school outside of hours." He said "The gym is off limits to all staff and students unless a practice is scheduled."

"Sir, it was just-"

Richard spoke up and stopped him mid-sentence "You are a bad influence on the students at times when you pull pranks on other teachers."