Chapter 18

Third Person POV

The fight began and Arrow was the first to rush in beside Hiccup. They fought their way through the trappers, taking them down swiftly. Hiccup lead the way and Toothless was able to get a shot at Grimmel. One part of his airship went up in flames. Toothless fired again and Grimmel tried to whistle for one of his dragons, but they didn't come. Grimmel growled in anger.

"You think you're going to win, boy!?" Hiccup looked up at him. He glared at Grimmel but remained focused on the fight. 

"Hiccup! Behind you!" He turned as Arrow shouted to him and knocked down two men with his inferno. Grimmel grinned as he was distracted. He whistled louder and Hiccup looked up at him. Grimmel waved to one of his dragons and pointed to Hiccup. He got ready to fight the Deathgripper sent after him, but what he hadn't seen was who was really after him.

The dragon flew overhead, only passing by. Hiccup was confused by this until somebody jumped off of it. They landed in front of Hiccup and he got ready to fight until... 

"You wouldn't hurt the girl you love, now would you, boy!?" Grimmel shouted. Hiccup's heart stopped as he gasped in horror. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. The image in front of him didn't even feel real, but it was.

"N-no..." (Y/n) stood in front of him, her eyes not holding the same love and joy as they used to. They were glazed over and cold. She pulled out her weapons and got into a battle stance. Hiccup shook his head in denial. He saw the collar around her neck. "What have you done to her!?" 

"I made her see my side of thing! Get him!" He ordered her. She glared at him and ran at him. Hiccup dodged her swings and blocked her attack. He looked at her, not believing that she was actually doing this. It wasn't possible, was it? Was all of this just one huge nightmare? He wanted to think that, but he knew he couldn't take the chance, even if he was going to ake up at any second.

"(Y/n)!" He tried to reason with her, but she only swung at him again. "(Y/n), listen to me! This isn't you! He doesn't control you! You don't belong to him!" She growled at him and kicked him back.

"Delusional fool." She muttered. Hiccup was stunned and hurt that she would say that. This was nothing like the girl he'd known for so long.

"Delusional? You and I share the same dreams! We share everything!" She only glared at him and attack again. "Don't do this, (Y/n)! I know you! You would never hurt me!" 

"Wrong again, Chief." She fought harder. The two clashed strongly as Hiccup held his ground but refused to hurt her. (Y/n) was a skilled fighter and Hiccup knew that she was better with blades than him, but he also noticed that the venom was slowing her movements. Being brainwashed was taking its toll on her. He wasn't sure if that made them evenly matched, but he wasn't going to try and experiment with it.

Soon enough, she was able to get the upper hand and kicked him back into a wall. Hiccup cried out in pain at the impact. Toothless roared in worry as he watched the fight. Suddenly, another roar sounded. It was Nightshade coming to find her rider. Hiccup saw how (Y/n) was getting ready to throw her weapon at her own dragon. His heart was pounding as he rushed to stop both of them from making a terrible mistake.

"No!" He lunged at her, tackling her to the ground as Nightshade stopped, stunned at her rider's actions. Hiccup turned, desperate to protect both of them. "No, Nightshade! Stay back!" Hiccup called. She obeyed sadly and went to help the others. 

"GRAH!" (Y/n) yelled as she kicked him off.

"GAH!" Hiccup fell onto his back and the wind was knocked out of him as (Y/n) kept him down with her foot, her weapon at his throat. Hiccup stared at her, his heart aching at how lifeless she had become. She began to raise it to finish him. "Stop, (Y/n)!" She kept raising it, showing no signs of remorse. "(Y/n)!" She glared at him, ready to end it. "I love you!" This finally made her pause. Hiccup knew he could reach her. "And I know you better than anyone." She huffed and got ready again. "You like to sing when you think nobody is listening. You love to draw all sorts of dragons that don't even exist. You always love to ramble on about what abilities they'd have and I would always laugh at how crazy you are. You've been there for me since day one, even before I showed any promise at all." She growled angrily.