Chapter 15

Third Person POV

Everyone arrived back on New Berk. Gobber was waiting there for them with a wooden cage nearby. He saw how everyone looked worn out. Frustration was evident on Hiccup's face as he hopped off of Nightshade.

"Thor Almighty. Guess we won't be needing this then, huh?" Gobber asked, assuming the mission had gone sour.

"I led us right into his trap."

"Yeah, nice work, Chief. Right, Ruff?" Tuffnut commented, but there was no response. They all realize that Ruffnut is not there.

"Wait..."

"Uh..." Tuff was at a loss for words at the sudden realization.

"Where is Ruffnut!?" Hiccup asked in alarm.

"We...we left her behind!" Fishlegs exclaimed.

"How could you not notice she was missing? You ride a two-headed dragon!" Arrow yelled at Tuff.

"Oh, yeah. I feel like how Ruffnut is every day...dumb." Tuff admitted.

"Odin be spanked! This just gets better and better!" Gobber exclaimed.

"I try to avoid looking at her because she gives me acid reflux," Tuff muttered.

"O-Okay guys! Just keep your helmets on! Toothless and I will fly-" Another Viking cut him off.

"Toothless has the Light Fury now! He's probably not even coming back."

"What?" Hiccup asked is disbelief.

"You gave him his freedom, Hiccup. What were you expecting?" Arrow asked.

"I never thought he'd stay away for good! I-I...ugh...look, I'll figure it out. I just need more time."

"What about (Y/n)? She could think of something!" A woman said.

"(Y/n) was shot and now she's been captured too!" Hiccup snapped. They all froze at the amount of anger in his voice. Nobody said a word. Hiccup stormed off and Nightshade quickly padded after him. Arrow came up beside Valka, staring after his best friend as he walked off.

"He thinks he has to lead alone. Well, because his father had to." Valka explained solemnly. Hiccup tossed his helmet onto the ground and Nightshade sniffed it before coming up beside Hiccup, clearly worried about him. "He doesn't realize the strength you have together. And he doesn't realize the strength that (Y/n) gives him as well. Do you still believe in him?" She asked Arrow.

"Of course. I wish he did, but he thinks he's nothing without Toothless." Arrow replied.

"Then help him realize the truth," Valka told him. Arrow nodded and got on Stormfly. He landed in front of Hiccup and Nightshade.

"Come on."

"What?" He asked.

"We're going to find him," Arrow replied.

"Really?" He asked, thankful that he could count on his friend. Everyone looked at the two Vikings and the two dragons as they took off. 

"Let's go," Arrow said. Hiccup nodded to him. 

"Everybody, stay put! We will get (Y/n) and Ruffnut back! Don't worry!"

"Pffft. Worry? If they're stuck with Ruffnut, I'm more worried about them." Tuff chuckled. With that, the four of them set out to find Toothless.

Your POV

*Meanwhile*

You groaned as you woke up. Your entire body felt sore. Your head was throbbing and you still felt weak. You looked around.