Chapter 2

You followed Hiccup as you all finally arrived home. Seeing Berk so colorful and full of dragons was something you never knew if you'd get used to. Still, it was good to see how happy the dragons were. It was good to know they were safe. You chuckled as he began to talk to the new dragons. He did this every time now.

"This is Berk. Your new home away from home. A stunning, one-styled, all expenses paid dream destination. So settle in and let your worries melt away! The service here's sourced, cuisine's fiery, and the locals are as colorful as you get." He introduced to them. You followed Hiccup as you helped him give a tour to some of the new dragons. Other dragons had broken off to get their own spots. "Any run-of-the-mill paradise, boats, beaches, and sunshine..." He said as you looked down and saw some Vikings hopping across dragons. "Well, not us. We've got something no one else can touch. We, my friend, have dragons. Lots and lots of dragons!" 

"If that wasn't obvious." You added. He rolled his eyes at you with a grin.

"Thank you for the light-hearted input, (Y/n)." He retorted slightly. You giggled, going along with it as always. You both landed on one of the poles together and the Crimson Goregutter landed on the one trailing behind you. He roared loudly and you grinned. I gotta admit, Fishlegs was right. That is one AMAZING dragon. 

Soon enough, you made it to the ground and finally landed. "Gang, meet our latest Berkians!" Hiccup said. Some Vikings hurried up to greet the new dragons.

"Welcome to paradise, mate!" A man said.

"Oh, aren't you a beauty?" A woman said next to him. 

"Ah, you're welcome, you're welcome. I took on, like, a hundred trappers. A-a thousand trappers!" Snotlout bragged, or well, should I say lied, but literally everyone was used to that by now. 

"Oh boy, here we go." You muttered. 

"With your hollow burning undies," Ruffnut added. You couldn't suppress a laugh, nearly doubling over at the unexpected comment. That was a new one for you. "See? She agrees with me."

"My thick, full beard almost caught on fire." Tuffnut cut in suddenly.

"Ugh. Just...just stop." Ruff retorted back at her brother.

"So, uh, Hiccup's mom, any notes on my bone-crushing assault, or was it pretty much perfect?" You heard Snotlout say. He is so immature.

"Oh, it was...indescribable. But please, call me Valka. It has been a year." Valka replied, trying to spare his feelings. 

"First name basis." Snotlout said quietly, but victoriously. 

"I think the real hero today was Toothless, isn't that right, bud? What would we do without you, oh, King of Dragons? What would we do?" Hiccup said to a happy Toothless. 

"Well, we could train a lot harder, for one. That was pretty sloppy." Arrow cut in. You nodded, having to agree with him.

"Arrow, uh, does have a point. Perhaps you all rely a little bit too much on your dragons and not enough on one another." Valka added, clearly feeling the same way.

"Teamwork is stronger than anything else, guys. Valka and I know that first hand." Runa agreed. 

"See? That's exactly what I was saying. Just listen up, guys!" Snotlout cut in. Then he went next to Hiccup. "Yeah, your mom's super impressed with me. I'm like the son she always wanted." 

"Yeah, the son with no patience and a flaming butt." You remarked. You heard the twins snort, trying not to laugh as you grinned victoriously. Your brothers were also chuckling to themselves.