Chapter 11

You woke up in the middle of the night, having heard something outside. You walked out of the tent and you could've sworn you saw the end of Toothless' tail disappear into the woods. You went to follow the dragon, curious as to why he was up and where he was going.

You followed him for a moment before losing sight of the Night Fury. You heard another twig snap as you tried to keep following him. You assumed this to also be Toothless and followed the sound. You looked around as the woods got thicker and darker. Another snap sounded off and you turned toward it quickly.

"Toothless?" You questioned, trying to make out the dragon in the darkness of the shadowy moonlit forest. Something rushed by in the bushes and you jumped back, startled. That...that wasn't Toothless. You reached for your weapons, but your blood ran cold as you realized they were still back with your family in the tent. Oh, gods...I can't believe I forgot to grab them!

Suddenly, you heard a growl. You turned again, inhaling sharply as you saw a pair of bright yellow eyes peering at you through the shadows. They looked focused and hungry. You backed away as the creature came out. It was a shaggy wolf with large claws crusted over with dirt and dried blood. The growling got louder as it bared its fangs, drool spilling out and splatting onto the ground. You spotted more of them as the growling got louder. It was an entire pack of hunting predators searching for one thing: food. 

They stalked closer at a painfully slow pace that allowed you just enough time to start to panic. You knew they weren't sure if you had weapons or not. You also knew it would only be so long before they figured out you were defenseless. 

You grabbed a rock and threw it as hard as you could at the Alpha's face. It yelped and howled in pain as you took off running. You heard them close behind you, the angry barking and snarls causing your heart to race even faster.

You shrieked as you fell over, one of them swiping under your leg. You screamed as it bit you, causing blood to spill and riling up the pack even more. You kicked it off and kept going as fast as your now injured leg allowed. I-If I can just get back to camp, they'll run away! Of course, there was no way you'd make it back before getting tackled again. You switched to the only backup plan that came to mind.

You were able to get a large stick to defend yourself with. However, now you were backed into a corner, the wolves having chased you to a dead end. There was no way you could climb the small cliff in order to get away.

Your stick kept them at bay, but the smell of blood made them more and more anxious to get at you. You were shaking with terror that you knew the wolves could probably smell a mile away. You were trapped and there was nobody there to help save you. You screamed again as you put pressure on your hurt leg, the pain starting to catch up with you now that you'd stopped running. The wolves took this as an opportunity to pounce. You swatted one of the wolves away with your stick and gave one last try to call for help, yelling for the only person you could think of at the moment to save you.

"HICCUP!!!"

Hiccup's POV

I was back working on some plans for Toothless' new tail. As I worked, I completely zoned out to the noise outside. I could hear people whispering, most likely trying not to wake anyone else up, but there was something off about it.

Suddenly, Ash rushed into my tent. I looked up at him. He looked panicked. I became concerned pretty fast.

"Ash?" I asked.

"Hiccup! It's (Y/n)! She's gone! We can't find her anywhere!" I went over quickly, realizing that if he was worried then I had right to be worried too.

"You've looked all over and around camp?" 

"We've looked everywhere around here for her!" He yelled, still clearly panicking. Grimmel couldn't have followed us that fast...could he? I wondered, that conclusion starting to terrify me. I felt my heartbeat speed up at the possibility.