Chapter 6

Deku and Katsuki stayed up for the rest of the night, doing Katsuki's homework and eating ice cream. Katsuki had a hour nap between three and four and Deku sat playing on Katsuki's computer. When it finally started getting light outside, the boys went downstairs to make some food.

"So when did you learn to cook?" Katsuki asked as he got started on cooking the eggs. Deku, who was getting the bacon from the fridge, walked over to Katsuki and answered his question.

"A few months after I left. I was living on microwave meals and noodles for two months. Starts to get boring after awhile so I taught myself how to cook." Deku said as he laid the bacon onto the tray. "What about you?"

"The old hag made me cook things in the house anyway, but when we got dorms we had to learn to cook for ourselves." Katsuki replied, moving around Deku to get the stuff he needed. Deku finished laying the bacon on the tray and put it in the over.

"So why do we cook bacon but bake cookies?" Deku asked, turning around to look at Katsuki.

"The fuck kind of question is that?" Katsuki asked, eyebrows furrowed at the confusing question.

"Chill, it's just a question, not a bomb." Deku chuckled as he grabbed a glass from the cupboard.

"I'm guessing that you've always been on your own. You didn't join the League Of Villains did you?" Katsuki asked, leaning against the side.

"No I didn't." Deku said as he took some orange juice out the fridge and poured it into the glass. Once he put the juice back in the fridge he sat on the side and took a sip. "The league want to get rid of heroes and the Eight Precepts of Death want to get rid of quirks." He took another sip of his juice. "I just want to make your life a living hell as payback." Deku took another sip of his drink. Katsuki looked at him, startled at his straightforward answer. Katsuki continued cooking as Deku asked him a question.

"Kacchan?" said boy hummed in response. "What would you do if I told you I killed someone?" Deku kept his eyes on Katsuki as his eyes widened but looked deep in thought.

"I guess I'd ask you why you did it. If it was self defence then that's not that bad whereas if you killed them for no reason then I'll be forced to...shit!" Katsuki looked at the boy who was sitting on the counter. Said boy looked up.

"What?" Deku asked, confused at what the boy in front of him had realised.

"You did that on purpose didn't you?" Katsuki asked, eyeing the boy.

"What, asking what you'd do if I killed someone?" Deku asked, head cocked to the side in confusion. Katsuki shook his head. Suddenly, it dawned on him. "Or me making you promise not to tell anyone about me?" Katsuki nodded his head.

"Was it deliberate?" Katsuki asked. Deku giggled.

"So what if it was? You can't go back on that promise anyway, it'll damage your precious ego too much." Deku smirked as Katsuki took the bacon out the oven and threw a piece at Deku. Deku caught the piece and shoved it in his mouth. Katsuki stared at him.

"What? I may be a baby when it comes to spice but heat I can handle." He said as he jumped off the side and grabbed two plates. He grabbed the bacon and put it on both the plates and Katsuki put the eggs on the plates. Just as Katsuki went to walk out the room he heard Deku shout from the living room.

"Don't forget to switch off the oven Kacchan," he said as Katsuki ran back into the kitchen to switch the oven off. He heard Deku laugh from the other room.

"Shut up nerd!" He yelled as he walked into the living room. He saw Deku pouring an energy drink into his orange juice.

"Doesn't taste as bad as you think." Deku said as he saw Katsuki's shocked reaction from out of his peripheral vision. Deku threw the empty can across the room and it landed in the bin. Katsuki sat down next to Deku as he took a sip.