Chapter 15

Author's Note: Remember when I said there would be some "naughty goody goodness"? I lied.

So, I think we're almost nearing the ending chapters of the first book of this series... I still don't know what to call it. But anyway, I'm probably planning to end this in a few more chapters after this, maybe at least seven or eight more chapters. But due to that happening, I may make the chapters a bit longer because most of these chapters consist of at least 2500 words or more.

Also on another note, I'm planning to start a new series after this. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole plot since I'm typing it on Keep on my Note 2014 tablet. When I finish this first book, I'll definitely leave some notifications on the progress even though it's still early on. As for the rest of my other series (Come Back to Me, The Wentworth Boys), I'm thinking to discontinue both of them and then later on delete them in the future because I started those without forming a plot whatsoever. I sort of winged them, to be honest and I do apologize to anyone who read those and fell in love with it (if anyone even did).

Finally, I would again like to that those who have voted and commented on A Dance of Princes! You guys are making this journey a very enjoyable one and I'm so glad to almost be finished with my first ever completed story. Just a batch of chapters until it ends with a massive cliffhanger that you'll probably hate me for, but I can be evil! Now onto the date!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My heartbeat was racing the whole time back to my room. Octavian was taking me on a date, and I didn't even have to do anything. I scrambled my closet through all the expensive urban clothing and I still couldn't figure out what to wear. Should I wear something white? But what if we eat something like spaghetti? Yeah, white's out of the question. Or maybe I could wear a gray v-neck with a dark red cardigan. Oh wait, what if he doesn't like red? What if he hates that color! Gosh, I knew I should've asked him what his least favorite color was.

Two knocks on the door caused me to flinch, grabbing my towel to cover myself up since I was only dressed in my briefs.

"Vince? Everything alright in there?"

"Yeah! I'll be another minute!" I tried to sound as calm as possible, but I was really nervous. No one has ever asked me on a date before. Backtracking to Nathan, we didn't even really go on a date. I got into the relationship out of impulse, and I was a hopeless romantic, I guess you could say.

"You've said that like five times," he deadpanned.

"Just want to look my best."

"I think you look great in anything."

A blush crept on my lips, making me inhale sharply. What was I inhaling? Octavian's utterly sweet and moving words. And he sounded like he wasn't even trying. And he told me that he had never experienced any sort of romance before. Pfft, understatement of the century!

I ended up wearing black jeans, a black dress shirt in which the collar went a bit above my neck and a cream colored suit jacket. Screw it, I'll wear something close to white. Yeah, definitely white since I just remembered that Octavian loves white. I put on some black boots that were comfortable enough to walk in and combed my hair into a formal do, the front bangs swirling downward on one side of my forehead like a thick wave. I stepped out of the bedroom and Octavian was staring at one of the paintings.

"I'm ready," I said nervously, firmly clasping my hands at the small of my back to try and keep myself still.

"Great, let's-" Octavian turned around and stopped. He was gazing at me, and it made me feel uncomfortable. I averted my eyes from him and decided that the floor was just the most amazing thing to look at. I didn't want him to catch me blushing, but he walked over and tilted my head up, eyes exchanging a look of sincerity and heartfelt. "You look amazing, like I can't even form words at how good you look in formal wear. I'm not going to tell you to wear them all the time because that would mean you'd have to change for me, but I don't want that. You're great, just the way you are."