Chapter 21

Author's Note: Okay, I know that this has been long overdue and I apologize for that. But after watching Cinderella, I finally had the muse to get back into writing the next chapter. Also, remember that I've said that I will be heavily editing the chapters in the future and I've decided to update them after this book ends. Thanks for all the support so far!

-----------------------

One time, I almost fell off a 40-storey building back home because I tripped on the carpet and bumped into the force field window. That feeling was coming back to me now and I felt my body tingling while my heartbeat sped faster than a hovercraft. I wasn't able to control my breath and my grip on the steel bars only grew tighter as I saw droplets of sweat mixed with blood drip onto the drenched floor.

"What the hell did you do to him?" I yelled rhetorically. "Get him out of there!"

Haven approached me from behind with a befuddled look on his face. "Your Highness, you know this traitor?"

"How can he be a traitor of this country when he isn't even a citizen of it? He's from home." Impatient and voice stern, I began messing around the hologram lock, spinning around the holographic sphere with no knowledge of how to even work this thing. Frustration kicked in and I ended up rattling the bars of the cell.

"Your Highness!" Haven scolded as he removes me from the cell door. "This is unacceptable behavior especially from a rank as high as your class. We will settle this like adults, not children."

"No," I say, "let's act like humans, not sadistic barbarians who inflict unbearable pain onto someone else. Get him out of there and let me talk to him."

"You don't have the authority yet to give me an order, Your Highness."

"But I do." We both spin around as we hear Grandma's voice over a speaker from somewhere in the room. She was leaning forward on the control panel where several men had their heads down in respect. He looked majestic and intimidating in this light.

"Your Majesty," Haven bowed, "I was just explaining to the Prince-"

"I know what you were doing, Haven. However, I agree with my grandson. Let the boy go and we'll settle this with humane terms and conditions. We'll have no more of this...barbaric electroconvulsive therapy you have working down here."

"Yes, Your Majesty. Men," the commanding tone came back to his voice, "release the prisoner and escort him to the interrogation hall for questioning."

"No," I said. "We patch him up first and then we'll talk. Please get him to a healing bed and into some new clothes." The guards glanced from Haven to Grandma, and as she nodded, they did as they were told.

With Nathan's condition, it was hard for him to walk or even feel his legs. His face and body was scarred with gash wounds like someone had been trying to cut him open. Dry crimson and purple bruises covered most of his pale skin. There was no word to describe how sorry and worried I was for him. From the way he was limping to the teleport-because I wouldn't let him walk up the entire staircase up-it was like he was experiencing his last moments alive, weak and helpless.

The infirmary was quiet until we teleported in. Guards escorted Nathan and laid his body down on a healing bed before punching in medical procedures to handle and repair his current condition. I stood by quietly and watched him with my hands gripping my arms. Grandma came behind me and press a hand on my shoulder.

"He will be alright, darling," she said, voice soothing.

"I know he will. But there's something else I'm worried about." I turned to her. "How...why...when..."