Chapter 9

Chapter 9 

I couldn't believe that last night happened. It felt like a dream because I even couldn't believe that Prince Octavian himself was real. That was until he came into my bedroom the next morning in his pajamas: a black tank top with boxer shorts. I had to keep my face looking at his and at the same time trying to find ways to hide my blush.

"Good morning, Your Highness."

I stifled a yawn as I sat up against the headboard of my bed. I think I was so tired last night that I didn't bother to close the curtains of my bed. "Morning, Avian. What're you doing here, and in your undergarments no less?"

"The Queen didn't inform you?"

"Inform me about what?"

"I'm going to stay here for a couple of weeks to help out with the upcoming charities and hosting some of the events. So you have no choice but to see my horrible morning face every day."

I had to try and contain myself with jittering glee. He was going to be staying here. He was going to be under the same roof as me. He would be in the proximity where I would come into his bedroom whenever I have 'nightmares' and I couldn't sleep alone. Yeah, that sounded like a plan.

"That sounds wonderful," I said. Wonderful? Really, Vincent? Out of all words, you come up with 'wonderful'? My conscience slapped me mentally for doing that, but I just smiled at him.

"Excellent, I'm glad you'd like to be around with me here. I'm quite taken by you for some reason." He smiled after a short silence. "I'll see you in the Dining room for breakfast, alright?"

"We can walk there together. Let me just freshen up."

I practically jumped out of bed and I was wide awake thanks to Mr. Good Looking Macho Man of Royalty over here. I walked out of the bedroom and into the bathroom where I did my morning routine. I made sure that nothing was on my face. It was so embarrassing to be seen like this especially since it was the morning. Some of my hairs were sticking out in random directions; residue of drool was on the corner of my lips. Even specs of sand in the corners of my eyes were visible. I looked freaking hideous! I washed my face three times, wiped my eyes, brushed my teeth for more than a minute, and made sure that my breath didn’t have a hint of odor.

“Sorry to have kept you waiting,” I told him as I stepped out of the room, refreshed.

“It’s alright. It’s worth the wait.”

We traveled down the hallways to get down to the Dining room. I showed him around the palace, but apparently he might’ve known more about this place and I did since he always sparked memories he had when the King was still alive. I felt kind of ashamed that he knew more; it made me feel less likely to become what they expected me to be.

“Did you sleep well, Vince?” He asked as he traced the detail on the walls.

“Mhmm, I did. You could tell by my hair this morning. It was all over the place,” I chuckled as I shrugged.

He grinned and nodded. “Last night was pretty tiring, but I enjoyed it a lot. I’m glad I came.”

“You weren’t supposed to?”

“Well, at first I wasn’t sure about meeting someone whom I have never met before. I’d have to get acquainted with them before I take things to the next level. I was only familiar with you through the traveling news about your coming. And then, well, I came. And then I saw you. And well, you get the picture.”

I looked away to hide another blush; can he not be so forward and so enticing with his words? They’re literally going to make me look like a tomato.