Chapter 5

Chapter 5 

Author's Note: Hey guys! I feel like I don't make enough author's notes enough to show how much I appreciate all of the views, votes, and comments that you all made so far. I do have some things to point out. Since I don't want to let this story be left out like the others, I'm writing these chapters ahead of time. When I feel I have written enough chapters to get a posting schedule going for your guys, I'm going to post them up so you can read them and expect them when they will be updated. I'm going to try and change my habits of writing, updating, and plotting new stories.

Since I already have like two others stories that I want to start, I don't want to start three all at once and then just leave them discontinued. So let's all hope that I don't fuck up again, lmfao. Enjoy! Thanks against for those who have voted and read. I appreciate it a lot.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When we landed on the airport, there were many people waiting on the runway to assist: maids, butlers, palace guards, etc. I felt bad because they would be rendered useless since I had only brought like two bags of luggage with me; one for my normal clothes and one for the books and other stuff I'd brought.

When we walked out of the jet, General Haven was speaking to the pilot as the guards escorted me out of jet. They ushered me through the airport before I was outside in the parking lot where a limousine, this time was much fancier, was waiting for us. It was one of those Hummer limousines they made back in the day. I'm surprised they have this since it was rare to see this back home.

I was the only one who would be sitting in the limousine this time while the other staff and guards rode in individual cars. With three in the front and three in the back, I felt like one of those important government officials who needed twenty-four-seven protection, and these people acted like that would be enforced since I was their Prince.

It was already dark when we landed; I didn't have a watch and my phone had died during the flight so I didn't know the time. It felt like almost an hour before we began to enter a private road that was lined with a dense grove of trees on either side. We began to enter an ovular gravel pathway and I was greeted by probably the most massive structure I've ever seen in my life.

The palace looked huge enough from afar, but up front made me feel like an ant. When the driver saw me opening the door of the limousine (out of habit, obviously), he hurried over and held it open for me. I was awestruck by this architectural feat. The place looked absolute fancy, like something you'd see from a Victorian-era movie. I just hoped the inside wouldn't be too much; I was already intimidated as it is. The guards escorted me up the flight of marble stairs, onto the main entrance where the roof of it was three floors high and supported by white columns, and through the doors.

I was greeted by the main foyer with a chandelier suspended by chain links on the ceiling. General Haven entered after the staff.

"Alright, your Highness. The staff will show you to your room where you can make yourself comfortable. We won't start your schedule until a few days later. The Queen wants to get you settled in first. She will send someone over to show you around the palace grounds to get you familiar with the place. Do pay attention to whatever he says since it's such a huge area to cover." The General and the two guards bowed before leaving to get back to their normal posts while the butlers who were carrying my luggage asked me to follow them.

I passed so many hallways, walked up so many flights of stairs, and turned so many corners that I felt like I was in the Labyrinth and I was heading for the middle. There were surveillance cameras in every corner. A few flat screens mounted up on a few walls would show a screen with fading clips of nature. It had a touch of vintage because of the intricate designs and details on the walls and on the ceiling. I had asked one of the maids that followed about who the people on the ceiling were. She said they were the gods and goddesses of Rome and Greece.