Chapter 33

Cover by @Bluebird2900 :) I love the translucent effect on it!

--------
I woke up to the sound of a shrill bell and Brea smacking me with a pillow.

"Geddoff!" I moaned, pushing her away. She fell onto the floor with a bump.

"We overslept and missed breakfast and now, " she said. "We're going to be late for our first lesson! Hurry up!"

Late!?

I shot out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth, then looked around, frowning. What was I supposed to wear?

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a uniform hanging behind the door, its outline glowing blue. I gently pulled it down and changed into it.

Oh.

I stared at myself in the full-length mirror to one side. My messy, now dark hair fell onto my shoulders and a quarter way onto the dark blue blazer I wore. The uniform was the same as Goldwood's, but the only difference was that instead of my House symbol, Dragon, embroidered onto my chest, there was a pin with an intricate bright more-blue-than-green snowflake. I ran my fingers over its smooth surface.

"Elsa!" yelped a voice sharply. "Come on!"

I ran out the bathroom and followed Eliza out the room and down the corridor. She was running at top speed, and even though I was used to it all, I got breathless quickly.

"Slow...down!" I panted, struggling to keep up. "How...can you...carry on like that?"

"It's 'cause I'm Air," Eliza called back. "We've generally got really good stamina. Our lungs are always full of air."

What she said didn't really make sense to me, but I decided to shut up and follow. Finally, we stopped outside a classroom, and it was then when I noticed that the others weren't with us.

Eliza pushed me into the classroom and waved goodbye, then sped off. I gulped, then turned around, only be to stared at by twenty three students.

"Ah, Elsa!" the teacher said, and I looked up.

Oh. My. Gosh.

"Mr Rivers!?" I cried. He nodded and smiled.

"I always thought you were one of us!" he said, grinning. "Now, take a seat."

I looked around, and saw the only free seat was next to...oh no.

"Hey, Elsa! BFF! My best buddy!" Chad beamed mischievously. He patted the seat next to him and I dragged my feet over. Once I sat down, I shuffled the chair as far as possible as I could away from him.

"Which lesson are we in?" I whispered, once Mr Rivers went out the class to get me a new book.

Chad ran a hand through his golden hair and smiled at me. "History."

I rolled my eyes. "Wow, Mr Rivers really went all out to teach a totally new subject."

Chad laughed and passed me a pen from Molly, who was a few seats behind us. I smiled at her gratefully, and she winked.

"Ok guys," Mr Rivers said, coming in. He tossed me the book and I caught it, and wrote my name on the front. "Today we're gonna have a quiet lesson because I need to check some of the sixth formers' application forms. Just analyse the sources on page 172. Chad, share your textbook with Elsa, then take her to the library afterwards."

Everyone worked in silence, much to my surprise. Nobody messed around either. If we were in normal school, Chad would probably be the first one to throw a paper plane at the girl in front of him.