Chapter 9

Sorry for the delayed update! LIfe is hectic! Will try better from now. Without further delay, enjoy :)

Dedicated to muny1991 for loving my book! :)

Chapter 9

Finally.

The entire day had been filled with people bugging him. They had wanted this or that at all times. There he was, ordering something on his phone for lunch when the finance head enters and requests his opinion immediately. There he was signing a new deal when his secretary AKA his best friend asks for his opinion on which tie to wear for a business meeting. And there again he was, simply staring out to the window wanting to go to a happy place in his head when the General Manager enters with a bid for the next tender.

Finally the clock had struck six and everybody had left the office. Well, everybody except him. Leaning back on his chair, he rocked it a bit, absorbing the silence that was filled around him. His routine had changed since two weeks ago. Unconsciously they both had fallen in to a manner that had involved only them. Somehow they had not realised that they were putting their differences behind until it had all blown up in their faces.

If anything he understood that they would never have a calm relationship. The cordiality they shared over the few weeks of their marriage had been the longest they had gone without going for the other’s throat. If he had not been so drunk with her presence, he would have noticed and been more patient like he used to be. Aishu did not have it in her nature to back down. Amnesia or not, she would not be the first to come down and apologise.

Of course, like always he would go after her again but it was getting one time too many. He had a tolerance limit too. He was not a saint. Standing up, he walked over to the balcony, rubbing his eyes from tiredness. He would not be home for another three hours at least. The thought of eating again in a hotel made him want to weep but what choice did he have? Strangely, there wasn’t even the urge to talk to her.

Walking over to the computer, he shut it off and stepped out of his cabin. Making his way to the vending machine, he made himself a cup of coffee before stepping out of the building. When he was seated in his car, he took a moment off to just rest. It had been a long day. They were on the verge of another huge deal and if it worked through, his profits would increase by a minimum of 10%. He was putting a lot of his investments in this deal. It was government work so chances of loss are very slim. But he had to get the tender.

Opening his eyes, he finished his cup and flung it across the parking lot. It landed on top of the bin, tottered a bit before flopping inside. Smiling, he raised the window and started his car, speeding off to his apartment. It was the second day he had been here and he was still looking for the diary. It was funny how he distinctly remembered where it was but couldn’t find it.

The first week since their fight, they had ignored each other. He would be in the room while she was in the hall. He had taken to sleeping on the couch. She had sent him lunch thrice but he had sent it right back and she had gotten the hint. Somewhere in his heart, it pricked him.

What she had said was unforgivable, definitely, but she had a fair point. She did not know anything and so he had booked a ticket in the very next flight. He had conveniently forgotten to inform her. Yeah, he was a sadistic idiot. Still, she had not bothered to call for two days straight. Two whole days your husband doesn’t come home and you keep quiet about it. Yep, he was married to a sadistic idiot. They fit each other well.

Opening the apartment door, he inhaled deeply. It was musty and dry. He hated this side of Hyderabad. The heat which did not allow any sweat to come out was his enemy. He felt feverish at all times. Throwing his laptop on to the couch, he loosened his tie and sat down.