Chapter 6

He could feel the contentment coursing his veins. He should be wary, he tried to admonish himself but his mobile vibrated again and he whipped it out in a flash. Ah, maybe it was a losing battle.

Chapter 6

He waited just outside his apartment. He had been standing there for nearly five minutes now, gathering the courage to knock. He had never been home this soon before. It was weird. Shaking his head, he raised his hand resolutely and rapped his knuckles on the solid door.

Almost immediately the door opened. She was standing there, swathed in her peach saree, a huge smile on her face. She had washed her face; the small tendrils of wet hair on her forehead were stuck to her skin, contrasting her glowing complexion. Little drops were stuck to her thin eyebrows. The water darkened lashes made her eyes larger, more beautiful. Her lips! God, they were pale pink and shiny and stretched over her white teeth as she smiled at him.

“Hi,” she said, managing to sound cheerful and shy altogether.

She leant forward and took his laptop bag from his hand and tugged him inside. He stepped in jerkily. She smiled at him, a slight blush on her cheeks and closed the door quickly. He toed his shoes off and bent to remove the socks stuffing them in to his shoes. She placed his laptop on the sofa and turned to him.

“Coffee?”

Her eager and friendly expression faltered as she took his face in. She bit her lip and he groaned softly. Startled doe eyes met his and in a minute, he was beside her, grabbing her to him. She gasped at his suddenness and stared up at him, her arms on his shoulders.

“Aishu..” he breathed, passion wringing him breathless.

“Oh..” she whispered, her hand coming to cup his cheek.

Needing no more encouragement, he hiked her closer to him. His lips grazed her temple, tasting the residual water clinging like dew to her skin. He paused, searching for some restraint in himself. She pressed her face to his neck and he moaned in her hair, lost already.

Holding her close to him, he walked to the dining table. Easing his grip slightly, he let her rest her bottom against the edge. Ducking quickly, he rested his forehead on hers, breathing hard.

“Say no…” he pleaded.

She raised bewildered eyes to him, grazing her nose against his. Oh Lord.

“Arul, please….”

He squeezed his eyes closed. It would not do. She was not who she appears to be! He cannot be fooled by her again. He would- Gasp! What was she doing? Very gently, she wound her arms around his waist, pulling him closer to her. He resisted, her strength barely registering. She changed tacks, turning her head and pressing her soft, soft, soft lips on his neck. What her strength had not been able to do, her lips did. His control snapped.

One second he was watching her and the next he had grabbed her hair and tugged her gently away from him. Before she could accept that they were no longer in contact, he pressed his lips to hers. Ahh…

It was relief, torture, peace, pain, anger, love all rolled in one moment. It felt like he would explode from the pleasure of it. His hands roamed over her waist, tugging at the long pony tickling his forearms. She pressed her breasts against his chest, combating with his mouth.

He slipped his right hand underneath her pallo sliding up slowly. She gasped and they moved apart. He regarded her hotly through heavy lidded eyes. Her face was pink, her lips swollen and red from his kiss. His groin tightened and it was painful. Leaning down, he pulled her lower lip between his teeth, licking the swollen flesh inside his mouth. She squirmed in her place.