Ecstatic

“Haha! Well, we’ve gathered you all here today for a very special announcement,” Seita said, wrapping his arm around Ari shoulder and his smile was broad across his face. Mathew’s lips twitched.

“There’s only two people here. Tell us what’s going on or else I’m going to stab you in the neck.” Furrowing his eyebrows and sticking out his lower lip, Seita looked as if he was offended.

“Geez, what a loving and supporting friend you are. Ari?” He was beaming over in his little corner, and pulled out the manila envelope.

“Yes sir!” he said, giggling for some reason or another. Mathew raised an eyebrow, and looked over at Greg, who just shrugged. Taking out a set of photos from the envelope, Seita still didn’t reveal it, just holding it close to his chest and giggling.

“So, guess what it is…”

“Fucking shit Seita, just tell me or I’m slitting your throat,” Mathew said, almost a growl in the back of his throat. Seita cleared his throat, he wasn’t willing to risk it. He turned the picture around, and showing them a sonogram of their son, was beaming exactly how Ari was.

“Ta-da!” Seita said, seeing Ari bounce on his feet out of the corner of his eye. Both Mathew and Greg had blank stares, and Greg cocked his head to the side as he pointed to the black and white image.

“I don’t get it, isn’t that a sonogram? Is Ari pregnant?” Ari huffed and rolled his eyes, annoyed at Greg’s stupidity.

“Greg, honestly, how did you pass any of your classes? I’m not wired to be able to conceive a baby.” Seita chuckled to himself.

“I don’t get it either…,” Mathew said. Seita huffed, his hands down by his side and clutching the picture so tightly that it almost wrinkled. Mathew covered his mouth in order to stifle his laugh. Seita and Ari had been together too long, right now, they were standing the exact same way.

“Come on! You guys seriously can’t be this dense! Think about it really hard. Why would I have a sonogram?” Mathew snapped his fingers.

“Is Misao pregnant? Are you going to be an uncle?” Mathew asked, sitting up in his chair.

“Don’t get me started on that,” Seita said.

“You’re a sick and disturbed individual whose fantasies involve collecting pictures of sonograms and showing them to your friends and family pretending that they’re your birth children when in actuality you’re depressed that you and your partner will never be able to reproduce?” Greg said, almost all in one breath. Seita sighed.

“Alright, Greg, you need to stop watching that bullshit show at 12:00 A.M. If you guys are too dumb to guess, then I’ll just tell you. Ari and I are adopting a son, and he’s going to be the most beautiful baseball player in the world!” Ari rolled his eyes.

“Only if he wants to be.” Greg slow clapped, even though it didn’t sound genuine, he was truly happy for the couple. Mathew stood up quickly, running over to the two with bright eyes and a wide smile.

“I still remember the promise I made in high school Mathew, you are the godfather to my firstborn.” Mathew’s eyes somehow got wider, grasping onto Seita’s shoulders and smiling.

“Ah!! I’m going to be a god-daddy!!” Mathew fake squealed, jumping up and down. Seita jumped up and down and squealed with him, being stupid for being stupid’s sake. Greg stood up and patted Ari on the shoulder, warning him on the lack of sleep awaiting him. Even after five minutes, Mathew and Seita still hadn’t stopped their squealing and jumping.

“Alright we get it!” Greg said, tempted to tackle the two to the ground. Seita raised an eyebrow.

“Are you mad because I didn’t name you the godfather?” Greg shook his head.