Review

Sitting on the couch, Mathew began strumming away on his acoustic guitar, perfecting a melody that hit him just this morning. It was taking him a long time now, Heather was making dinner for the two. He just couldn't get it right...

“Mat!”

“Huh?!” Mathew asked, he was out of his state of “creative genius”, he turned around, to see Heather walking towards him.

“I was calling you for forever!” she said, sitting next to him on the couch, and cuddling to his side. Mathew smiled, putting his guitar down and resting his hand on her hip. He wrinkled his nose as her bun hit his face, that thing could kill someone if she wasn't careful.

“I don't mind you being here like this, but isn't the food going to burn?” Mathew asked.

“You haven't said anything all day, I kinda missed you.”

“I know, I'm sorry, this has just been irritating me all day.”

“Don't do it again, or else I'm calling everyone in here to kick your ass,” Heather said. She looked up as Mathew's arm stiffened and his jaw locked together.

“Sweetie, it was a joke!” The reason Mathew had done that was because when he met Heather's three older brothers and older sister, they stared at him like they were going to kick ass. The oldest, Michael was the one who answered the door, and told Mathew that, “you'd better make an honest woman out of my little sister.” Her other brothers, Angel and Leo were staring at him with eyes filled with death wishes. Everyone was unwelcoming to him.

“It's fine,” he said, wrinkling his nose again due to her thick bun hitting his face, “and take care of this thing! It's lethal!”

“Lethally practical, you know how long my hair is, I can't do a thing without tying it up.”

“Cut it then,” Mathew said, squeezing it, and playing around with it.

“No! I look ugly with short hair. Did you ever see my middle school pictures? I looked like a dweeb.” Mathew laughed.

“That was years ago Heather, you've completely gone through puberty. You look completely different now, so there's nothing to worry about. I think you're beautiful in every way too, so, if that helps any...,” Mathew said, looking down at her. She smiled, repositioning herself to kiss him.

“You're so cute!” Heather said, wrapping her arms around his neck. Mathew smiled.

“Shut up, and I told you that the food would start burning...,” Mathew said. Heather picked her head up, looking over at the kitchen and squealing.

“Agh!” she jumped up and ran to the kitchen, hoping to straighten out the mess she had made. Mathew just sighed.

“Heather, you're a mess,” he said while getting up to help diffuse the situation.

*~*~*~*