Remembrance

Interviews used to be a lot more fun and insightful, that is, before Seita and Ari announced their relationship. Before the announcement, they would actually talk about music, future plans, funny memories, what line y in song x meant and why was it written. You know, stuff with relevancy. But now, Greg and Mathew didn’t even have to bother showing up. All the questions consisted of: the way the relationship was announced, how the band members reacted to it, some of the bad habits that made each other mad sometimes, butt sex, what they did on days off, kids… and the list goes on. Oh, and once in a while, they’d talk about music. So that’s why, when Seita walked into the interview room his arms were crossed against his chest and he drug his feet across the ground as they walked into the private room.

“Hey, chin up Seita, just say no comment to any questions they may ask,” Mathew said.

“Did they have to accept this interview?” Seita asked. Mathew shrugged.

“This one wasn’t my call, it was the higher ups that decided this one.” Seita sighed.

“Stop complaining! Jeez! You’ve done it before, you can do it again!” Greg said.

“Doesn’t change the fact that it’s annoying. And where is this guy? He’s the one that called us here and he’s late? That doesn’t make much sense,” Seita said.

“Well, Seita, remember what Mathew said, you’re allowed to not say anything if you don’t want to. Plus remember what we talked about as well, okay?” Ari said, sitting down next to him and taking his hand.

“Yeah,” Seita said, and looking down at the floor. What Ari was referring to was their trip to Okinawa. About their new adopted baby. No one knew really, not even the band members did. They were really trying to keep at least this under wraps. It was like they almost had no privacy as musician, but they wanted to make sure no one knew about this. Damn reporter, do your job and at least show up to your own interview on time, Seita thought to himself.

“Let’s play a game,” Greg said, his leg bouncing up and down as he waited.

“What kind of game?” Ari asked. Greg shrugged, sticking out his lower lip.

“I dunno, didn’t think I’d get this far.” Resting their forehead in their hand, Seita and Ari both sighed, but Mathew just squinted his eyes.

“Greg, what the hell? Why are you so dumb?” Greg shrugged.

“Dunno,” he thought for a second, then turned to Seita and Ari, “so, how was your guys’ vacation?” Seita and Ari looked at each other, then at Greg.

“Fine, it was fine. We have souvenirs back home for you guys,” Seita said.

“Finally, I was about to say, what rude assholes, going on vacation and not bringing anything back for their best friends,” Greg said, his chest puffed out. Seita raised an eyebrow at him.

“Well then fuck you too, we’ll just throw it out then.”

“Seita no! We spent money on that thing! I’m not just going to let you throw it out!” Seita slumped in his chair, and rolled his eyes.

“You’re a complete cheapskate Ari. Greg, you know he was about to buy you a keychain? I said to him, “You don’t go halfway around the world to buy your good friend a keychain!” see, I saved you, so I’m the good one.” Ari pouted his lips and furrowed his eyebrows.

“I’m not that bad of a cheapskate,” he said. Funny, he didn’t deny anything else that Seita said.

“You are. You really are. Unless it’s someone else paying for you, then you’re super cheap.”