Chapter 4: Almost There

Throughout the whole day, Stephanie has walked through the forest without stopping to take a break, while carrying Buzzy on her back, which oddly does not weigh anything to her.

He was confused about how she is able to carry him without being tired, as he was exhausted from following after her the whole time.

Somehow, he allowed her to carry him as if he is a child of her own without forcing him to do it.

She was patient with him and allowed him to hesitate or refuse by his own will.

His arms were sore from being around her neck, so he moved them in front of his body, as she has her back hunched over like she was carrying a bag on her back, as he was laying on the side of his head.

As more hours have passed, Stephanie still did not stop to take a break and continued walking deeper and deeper into the woods, still carrying him on her back.

Buzzy thinks she might have an energy drink that gave her more energy than him to continue moving onward or may be exercised a lot in the past before meeting him, that gave her strong thigh muscles.

She walked up hills without slipping or falling down face first on the ground and avoided going into the trees when going down the slopes.

But the unique idea Stephanie had was to cock her body to the side and slowly walk down, without slipping and falling.

Buzzy once a while wrapped his arms around her neck in worry when she slips a bit, worried about being accidentally tossed off her back and down the hill, but Stephanie reaches up with her hands and places them against his wrists.

He expected her to snap at her and say, "Stop that, Buzzy!" towards him, but she instead placed her hands against his wrist, letting him know he is safe, and she is always there to save him.

After a while, they both reached a large vast of a desert-like area, except there was steam coming out of some tunnels that foam up, and dead trees everywhere.

Buzzy shivered in fear while staring at the area, feeling creeped out already.

Stephanie felt him shiver and glanced over her shoulder, checking him.

"What's wrong?" Stephanie asked.

"That looks scary," Buzzy responded, his grip around her neck tightened a bit. "Could we perhaps turn around and go another way?"

Stephanie was about to answer his question, when he added, sighing as she was interrupted before she could respond, "Wait, I know what you are going to say next; 'There is no way around it and will take more days if we did. So, we have to go through it.'"

"Exactly," Stephanie spoke, moving Buzzy from behind her back to right next to her. "Even if I walk in there while carrying you on my back, it would include more weight and maybe make the ground collapse under both of us."