s e v e n t e e n

N O V A

"So you guys shut down the deadpool" Scott asked me, Malia, and Stiles. We all nodded.

"Scott can we talk for a sec" I asked, making the other pack members confused. "Sure" Scott said before we walked far enough away that they couldn't hear us.

"What's up sis" Scott asked. "Mom and I have been talking" I started, making Scott give me his full attention.

"We think its best if I stay the summer with Derek and Braeden" I said, making Scott quirk an eyebrow. "Why" Scott asked.

"So I can learn to control my new abilities. Derek knows control better than any of us, even if he isn't a werewolf anymore" I said, making him nod.

"And he also knew what you were, I think it's a good idea. Braeden could show you how to fight too" Scott said, making me smile.

~

"Nova are you sure about this" Liam asked me. "Positive" I replied, looking at him with the same nervousness. I hit the button. "Relationship status" Liam asked. "In a relationship" I read off my social media. We both grinned at each other.

~

"You look fine Scotty boy" I said as I fixed his hair. "you sure" Scott asked nervously. "Yes, now go. You have a girlfriend waiting on you" I said before shoving him out of my room.

"He nervous" Mom asked as she came into my room. "Yeah. It's his first official date with Kira" I replied with a smile.

"What did he say about you staying with Derek" mom asked as we sat on my bed. "He was okay with it. But now I just have to tell Liam" I said sadly.

"You love him don't you" mom asked, and I nodded sheepishly. She smiled at me. "Does he love you" mom asked and I nodded again.

"Well I want him over for dinner one night. I'd like to get to know the boy who's dating my daughter" Mom said and I grinned at her.

"Your gonna be late for work if you don't leave now" I said and she nodded. "You can order in if you want okay" mom said before kissing my cheek and leaving.

~

I sat on my bed in sweatpants and one of Scott's hoodies as I read a book. I heard rustiling outside making me close my book and look out my window.

The window broke, sending glass flying everywhere. I fell to the ground as a figure came through the window.

"Hello little Nova" Kate said as she crouched in front of me. "The little were-witch. I have to say you are quite the looker" Kate continued.

She pressed me down with her hand and injected me with something. I began to feel sleepy as a berserker pulled me out if my window.

~

"Nova. Nova Grace McCall wake up" I heard Kira say as she shook me awake.

"That little bitch" I muttered as we sat in a prison. "can you hear anything" she asked and I focused my hearing.

I could hear Scott shouting at Kate. "Scott, he's shouting at Kate. She's gonna turn him into a berserker" I said.

Kira's eyes widened as we feared for Scott. "What, how" she asked. "I don't know" I snapped, accidentally getting angry.

"Nova, you good" Kira asked, worriedly. "yeah, I just got angry for some reason" I replied.

"The full moon is tomorrow" she said, making my eyes widen. The first full moon was always the worst for a werewolf.

"Don't you think that it's a coincidence. Kate brought us here on a full moon. Could she try to do what she did to Derek on Scott" I asked worriedly.

"No, she turned Scott into a berserker. She might be wanting to do that to you" Kira replied.

"She put me here with you, with a full moon tomorrow. What if shes trying to get me out of control and kill you" I thought aloud.

"I'll help you control it Nova. I promise" Kira said, making me smile at her.

Kira returned it as I moved next to her. We laid on each other, hoping to somehow find comfort in each other.

"Kira is it bad that I'm worried for everyone but myself" I asked and she shook her head.

"Scott does the same thing Nova. Who knows, you could be the next true alpha for all we know" Kira said, teasing me slightly.

I relaxed at her words. I only hoped that the pack would be okay from what was happening, as I don't know what I'd do without them.