t h i r t e e n

N O V A

"I'll go" Kira said as the camera on the roof went out. "I'll go with you" Liam said, making me proud for his boldness. I grabbed his arm before he walked out, stopping him and Kira.

"You be careful Liam. And please, don't die" I said, making Liam smile before kissing me. "I won't, I promise" Liam said before leaving with Kira.
I sighed as the two left, making Stiles look at me.

"What up Nova" Stiles asked, concern in his features. "How do you do it Stiles" I asked as I sat in a chair. " Do what" Stiles asked as he crouched in front of me.

"Not feel helpless during all of this" I replied, making him chuckle. "I do feel helpless, most of the time actually" Stiles admitted as he got up.

He pulled a bag out and handed it to me. "But your not" Stiles said, motioning for me to open the bag. "I remember taking you to archery classes last year" Stiles said as I opened the bag.

"And how you've been taking them since the 3rd grade" Stiles continued as I found a bow and quiver in the bag. I smiled at him as he took the bag from my grasp and pulled out the items.

"Now you don't have to go out there and fight like the rest of us. But at least you won't feel helpless" Stiles said as he motioned for me to get up.

He strapped the quiver to my torso and handed me a red compound bow. "Now I do want you to be Nova McCall. The most badass girl the world has ever seen" Stiles said.

~

"Stiles, what are we doing" I asked as he pulled me out of the room. The power was out, cutting off all of the cameras. "Notch an arrow, would you" Stiles said and I did as told.

~

Stiles and I stood in the mourge with Argent, protecting Scott's body.  I noticed movement and notched an arrow, pointing it at the door. Kate and a berserker walked in.

"Chris, who is this beauty" she said, looking me up and down with a smile.
"None of your business Kate" Chris replied. I aimed my bow at the berserker, ready to fire if it moved.

"Aww, its like Allison all over again" Kate said before punching me in the stomach. It sent me flying across the room. Stiles ran over and helped me up.

I fired an arrow at Kate and she shockingly caught it, throwing it to the ground. "Too bad, I didn't want to ruin such a pretty face" Kate said as she made her way over to me.

"Kate, we have a plan. Take the berserkers and leave" Chris said as Kate put herself right in front of my bow. She ripped it from my grasp and threw it across the room.

She then grabbed my wrist and pulled me with her."I'll be taking this one for now" Kate said as she drug me out of the room. "No" I heard Stiles say as Kate pulled me with her.

~

"KATE" I heard someone shout as I woke up. Kate had her claws at my neck as she pulled me up. I then noticed it was Scott who had shouted. Liam, Argent, and Stiles were with him.

"Let her go Kate. Please let my sister go" Scott pleaded with tears in his eyes. "Of course Scott" Kate said, confusing everyone. She then plunged her claws into my stomach making me cry out in pain.

She then pulled her claws out and disappeared, making me fall to the ground. "Nova, stay awake" Scott said worriedly as he pressed a hand to my stomach.

"No, no it's okay. It's okay" I said, making Scott looked confused. "The stitches from Garretts wound opened up Scott. I'm not gonna make it" I said as blood flowed out of my mouth.

"No, Nova your gonna be okay" Liam and Stiles said as they got to my level, Argent included. "Scott you have to do something" Stiles said with tears in his eyes.

"The bite. If you give her the bite then she'll heal like it did with me" Liam said hopefully. Scott looked at Argent, who nodded. "Nova this is gonna hurt" Scott said before biting into my shoulder.

My back arched in pain as I let out a scream. "Get her inside, now" Argent said quickly. Scott effortlessly picked me up and ran into the hospital, the others close behind.

"SOMEBODY HELP" Scott and Liam shouted as they saw some doctors. Mom ran over as I looked at Liam, who looked at me worriedly. "I love you" I whispered before taking my last breath.