Coming down with the Flu

Cleo: Lightning . . . Hurricane

The mummies were knocked back by my surprise air attack. I had done this attack a few more times in help to others of the Golden Army. Anubi was required to stay back at the Pyramid with Bes and the others. Although he was grumpy about it, I managed to convince him to stay behind because of Exaton's possible outrage. Granted, he was outrageous enough and we didn't need him to go any further.

Cleo: Outfit change! Multiple marching . . . shot!

At least 60 or so mummies were knocked back by the multiple attack I launched on them.

Kefer: Eternal Hurricane!

I flew out of the way and I saw several mummies being knocked back.

Cleo: Thanks, Kefer!

Kefer: Don't thank me yet! We've still got some fighting to do!

I helped several of the warriors and when they were huddled together and surrounded, I flew down in one of my other outfits and put a shield around us.

Cleo: You better think of a plan quick-smart, I can't hold this shield forever!

Kefer: Best we retreat for now

Cleo: Let's go then! My arms are getting tired.

Kefer teleported all of us out of there and when we were in the throne room, I didn't feel so well and I started to fall. Anubi had luckily caught me and when he was on his knees, he rested me on top of them.

Anubi felt my forehead and lifted it away several seconds afterward.

Anubi: I need to get you home, Cleo. You have a temperature

I weakly nodded and Anubi did just that.

~ ~ ~ ~

I had told her father that she wasn't feeling well and she needed some rest. He came in with me to see her and put his hand to her forehead. He brought his hand back seconds later and left the room to do something. I sat on a chair that was in her room and stared at her. I felt guilty for letting her go out to the fight. I should have protected her from getting ill.

John: Don't worry, Anubi. It's just a fever, Cleo will be back to normal in no time.

Anubi: I hope so. What are you doing?

John: Putting an ice-pack on her forehead. It may help keep the heat at bay, but I don't know about the bug.

Anubi: What bug?

John: When humans come down with a fever, something is usually the cause of it. I only hope that she has a temperature and not the stomach bug as well.

Anubi: Do you need my help with anything?

John: All I ask is that you keep an eye on her to make sure she's doing well. I don't want her to be bed ridden for weeks.

Anubi: You seem . . . upset. Is there something I should know about?

John: She becomes someone else when she's sick.

Anubi: How so?

John: She becomes quieter than usual and barely has the energy to talk. She is an inward sort of person and tends to take things to heart. Cleo has always loved reading books that interest her, creative writing, drawing and more recently, doll customizing. She has always been like her late mother. They were very close and had a bond that couldn't be broken. So when she passed, Cleo took it hard and spent her days locked in her room.