Chapter 5: Changes

Chapter 5: Changes 

Gage's POV:

Aw shit, Cass no don't let their Denial break you, it's what they want! I silently tried to tell her, tried to break through a barrier and transfer my thoughts to hers, but obviously that just isn't possible. 

I had just watched in horror as Cass faced her family, a year after becoming, what she classified as a 'monster', but she was anything but that. 

She was the one thing that was keeping me from flipping off my Humanity and just losing myself. The way Lorenzo, pretty much worshipped Maggie, was how I felt about Cassy and that wasn't going to change. 

I don't care if they were playing mind games with her to test her, I don't care that they were telling her that I was Dead. If I ever got out of here, her cell would be the first place I'd go. 

She can't see me, but I can see her

and right about now I wish that Dr. Whitmore was dead, you don't put someone as kind, Loving and unique, like Cassadee through this type of Anguish. Her family was the reason for her humanity and now that they have chosen to disown her, what else does she have left, to help her not flip the switch? 

I watched as Dr. Whitmore tossed the almost broken Cass, back into the Cage and she stood tall, as she held back the tears. 

If she was hurt, she sure as hell wasn't going to let him see her pain, she wouldn't allow him that pleasure. Just like, she was getting better at not crying out in pain while he dissected her. I might not be able to tell her this, but I am proud of her. 

She is alot stronger then she believes she is, because her not crying out for her family and not breaking down that her only family disowned her, that is not an easy thing to do. Shit, wait did she turn off her humanity? I tossed myself against the glass cage and tried to get a better look at her through all the Damn'd people. 

She stood there, as it looked like Lorenzo was trying to talk to her and she just looked on the verge of a melt down, not as if she turned her humanity off or anything of the sort. I let out the breath, I hadn't known I was holding. 

Dr. Whitmore quickly called the party off, people starter to slowly exit, when Dr. Whitmore opened the cage and started to grab Cassadee or 11042. When She was half-way out of the Cage, She slammed Dr. Whitmore's head against the metal bars of the cage, all the while leaving the Cage door open and bit into his neck. 

I stood there with a smile, watching as the guests freaked out as she ripped someone's head off after she fed from her, next was her second target some old Guy.  

Lorenzo exited cage and started to do the same. By the time Enzo had started to kill, I counted five dead by Cassadee and Two so far, for Lorenzo. There was blood everywhere, people begging to be saved and yet, I felt no remorse for them

I was banging on the glass to try to tell them, that There were scientist behind them with needles but they were too intent on revenge. I growled at my confined space, I had wished I could do what they were doing too. 

Cass had just finished killing the eighth one and was moving onto the ninth one, when they stuck them with the needles and pushed the verain into her and Lorenzo. Cass had gotten eight, while Lorenzo had gotten Five and I have to say Cass was far more ruthless with her kills. 

She had ripped all eight of her kills heads right off while Lorenzo just drained all five of his kills dry. If I were to choose who would be on my team, I would probably chose Cass and that surprised me. She never seemed like the ruthless  type, but I guess losing your family changes a person. 

They had me in a different Cell area, from where Cass and Lorenzo were and I didn't quite like it here as much as I did where I was before. 

Dr. Whitmore stood in front of me looking livid and never was I more worried about anyone else in my entire Vampire life and I have been alive for a good Hundred years or so. "She got you good, didn't she Dr. Whitmore?" I chuckled at him, as I leaned against the back wall smirking at his stupidity. 

"Shut up 11041 or else I will torture 11042 and I will be sure to torture her worse than before." He sneered at me as I growled and barred my fans at him for even THINKING of threatening her. 

"Ah, so this old Vampire does have an Achilles heel, it just so happens that 11042, isn't entirely unfeeling and unfazable, just as 12144 has the same Achilles Heel, Coincidence? I think, not." He smirked at me as he held a hand over his wound from Cass. 

"Gage, my name is Gage, NOT 12143. Just like 12144 is Lorenzo and 12145, is Cass, we are not just a number." I sneered at him, so tired of hearing numbers instead of our names. 

"Yeah whatever 12143, Happy New  Years, oh and 12143? If you are religious, then I would start praying VERY hard for 12145 because that stunt that she pulled, is going to prompt, some Very harsh Changes around here." Dr. Whitmore told me. 

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I do pray, but I have only prayed a few times in my life. I will make the exception  for Cassadee's well being and that she can escape from here. 

Though I guess I will need to pray for her safety and being unharmed, because I know that these Changes very well might be the death of us, or at the very least, Our Humanities. 

"Don't go making threats you can't make happen otherwise, I will have to finish what Cass started and I won't just kill your little following." I told him feeling my crazy slipping through. 

I have these odd feelings towards Cassadee, she is such a sweet little thing and I feel so badly for her that she became an experiment. I will protect Little Cass until I die, She brings out a side of me, that I haven't felt nor seen, since my Little Sister passed,  back in 1837. 

I refuse to allow Dr. Jeckal to ruin her and her kind spirit. Cassadee really reminds me of my Sister, so I cannot and will not fail in protecting someone so dear to me.  

I don't want to watch her lovely little light fade, so even if I have to Die to protect that, then I will and Enzo is in on this too, so we shall see who will win.