Chapter 4: Mental anguish

Cass's POV:

The Cell door opened, both Lozo and I flinched at the sound of the door unlocking, because that meant one of us were going to be used tonight. 

The hand reached for me and I, all but shrunk back into the cage. Though, that didn't deter them, they still reached for me, grabbed my forearm and yanked me out of the cage. 

The cage door slammed shut, sealing my fate, this was going to end in One of Two ways: 1) Everything would go perfectly, they would except my Vampirism and love me. Or 2) They would freak out and disown me, breaking my heart in the process. I really hoped that this would work in my favor, that they would still love and accept me. 

Funny, just minutes ago, I had wanted to be by them, but now that the fear of them dis-owning me, set in, I was too scared to let them see my face. So I kept looking at the floor and finally I was standing by the table, close enough to my Brother, Mom and Dad to hear their heart beats. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Melbourne, I have the answer to BOTH of your questions." Dr. Whitmore chuckled, but cleared his throat as I continued to stare down at the ground tears still falling rolling down my face, because I knew without a doubt, that I wouldn't be considered their daughter anymore, just a monster. 

Dr. Whitmore grasped my chin and forced me to look up at Dad, Mom and Devin. I whimpered and prepared for the worst. "Cassie!" Devin yelled and giggled my name as he attacked me in a hug, while Mom and Dad also hugged me.  Wow, I must look fairly normal for them to pull me into a hug. 

"Oh Cassy, you had us worried, they claimed you had died in a Car accident, we are glad to see your alive and well sweet heart." Dad chuckled with tears in his eyes as he kissed my forehead. I relished in their warmth and tried my best to soak up there love, while it lasted. 

"As lovely as it is to see you all back together, lets get on with this demonstration, shall we?" Dr. Whitmore asked snidely as he grabbed the knife, stabbed Mom, stabbed Dad and Cut Devin' hand. 

All four of us gasped in unison, the other three in pain, while I suddenly felt this overwhelming hunger come over me and I tried to hold it back. Though I felt something spring free of my gums and pierce my lip. I immediately turned away, hoping I was fast enough, so no one saw my monster show through. 

Then Dr. Whitmore grabbed my chained hand, Cut it open and watched as my Blood poured into the glasses. I could clearly hear everyone's heart beat, as their blood pulsed through their veins and made me crazy. 

He grabbed two glasses and handed them to Dad and Mom then grabbed a third glass and handed it to Devin. "Please, drink and show us what happens." Dr. Whitmore goaded them on, they immediately drank it and everyone in the room gasped. 

Mom, Dad and Devin's wounds healed as my blood worked into their systems. They stared down at the remaining blood on their hands and looked at me, shock, incredulously as if I was a miracle. I knew that, them thinking I was a miracle was going to fade all to quickly. 

"Cassadee is payment enough for your son's health and as for where she is, right here Mr. Melbourne. She wanted to help so badly, that she even became a subject, so that her Brother could live a real life." Dr. Whitmore mocked me and I growled at him. 

"No, Please tell me that this is all a lie, You love us, but you shouldn't ever put us,  before your own well being." Dad whispered but I could hear him, as if he had spoken normally. 

"I never wanted this Daddy, I swear! This was all done against my own will, I BEGGED Dr. Whitmore to stop." I explained as I held back sobs but silent tears rolled down my face, as My family stepped away from me in fear and pushed my Brother behind them.

Dad pulled Mom to him. "You say your good-bye to Her, now Casandra and by God mean it!" Dad whispered to Mom and it broke my heart, because 'Good-bye', in this situation more than likely meant forever. 

"I love you and will always keep you in my prayers, Cassy." Mom looked back at me with tears running down her face, as she whispered that to me and ran out the door with a crying Devin. Dad stood where he was, looking Broken and angry. 

"I am sorry, but we can't have this in our Family... I love you Cassadee... " Dad spoke solemnly and I shook my head in denial as I tried to reach for him. He looked at me with a disgusted look and turned away from me. 

 He left without another glance and I stood there, my outstretched hand dropped back to my side. My family had done what I feared they would do... They had rejected me and the thought that I was their daughter, as far as they were concerned, I was dead. 

Dr. Whitmore shoved me. Into the cage, as he called the party to an end. It hurt; Not entirely Physically, but more mentally anguished.

I don't know a thing anymore, I as specially don't know that I can force myself to 'exist' anymore. I am beginning to think that Dr. Whitmore saw me as nothing more than an experiment and I wished to hell and back that I had never accepted the invitation. I hate New Years, I hate Dr. Whitmore and I hate what I am. 

Nothing matters anymore, if my family thinks of me as a monster, then I guess I should probably live up to their standard, after all Monsters love to scare people. I don't necessarily have to flip the switch just have some fun at these nut jobs expense and besides who is going to miss these people, I won't. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yay updated again, As always, Comment, Vote & Share, thanks