Chapter Six

Chapter 6

DO NOT READ! NOT EDITED!

"Thank you," I finally said.

Jordan looked down at himself, realizing that he was still half-naked and he slid on his pants, then swiftly put on his shirt that was on the floor.

He grabbed my hand and took me outside to my backyard on the grass. We laid down and I placed both arms on the back of my head, as he put one behind his head.

"You know," he started saying. I looked at him, giving him my full attention.

"My dad died of cancer, and I was depressed, and so was my mom. We both felt... lost and it took a while for us to snap out of it. Emily practically raised herself on her own for one year, that's why she and I didn't trust everyone so quickly. My mom, she isn't that supportive. I know it seems like she is, but there are days where she just lays in bed, crying her eyes out. Emily and I made dinner for her whenever it's she was like that.

"Sometimes, I just wished that our family wasn't like this. When I snapped at you that day when I left, I did it because I thought you were just there to be there, and I didn't want to get really attached. I didn't want to lose someone that's close to me and you just changed me, I didn't want to lose a friend like you. I lost my girlfriend that meant a whole lot to me, and I didn't want to lose you either. I was thinking to myself, 'Jeez, I already lost too many people and now I'm losing both of them?'

"Emily... she may seem like she hates you, but she just doesn't want me to get hurt again. When she said for me to stop flattering you and crap, she was just being protective. There where nights when mom wouldn't come home and she'd come home in the early morning around five am, drunk. It took me awhile to be happy, it took, and I think a year? When I met Jessica, she made me feel alive again, and then I just fell apart when she broke up with me. But you were there for me, and you fixed me. Thank you, Melissa." A tear rolled down my cheek and he shed a tear also.

Attempting to lighten the mood, I smiled up at him. I could tell he was keeping this in for a long time and he had never told anyone this before. He gave me a small smile and wiped both of our tears away.

"Don't you have a dad?" he asked quietly. I couldn't help but wince when he asked the question. I inhaled deeply and exhaled as I got my thoughts together.

"No, he passed away. He was in, um, the army so he died at war when I was nine. I was like Emily, I raised myself, and my mom was in complete depression, but she got over it when I was twelve. Sometimes, I go to this place where we would always talk and think when things went wrong, or when he was about to go to back. One day, I had my friend drop me off there waiting for him, because you know, he promised and he never came. When I got home, my mom was in one of those depression-shock moments and I knew, that he was never gonna come back," I explained to him. I sighed and looked up at the deformed shaped clouds.

"Oh, I'm sorry. So, I guess we have things more in common than we thought," he muttered. I still felt his eyes on me so I turned my head to face him. I manageg to smile a little as I stood up and held a hand for him. He took my hand in his and brought himself up.

"I guess we do,"t I say softly. We walk back inside to the kitchen while he makes breakfast, I feel bad, but he said that he wants to do it, so I just back off. I go to my bathroom and I wash my face, brush my teeth.

I walk into my room and I put on some sweats and I change into a tank top. Eh, I don't have to look good in front of Jordan, he won't care. I think. Well, he's seen me cry for hours, he saw me in my underwear, so that can't get worse.

I walk out to the kitchen and he made pancakes, he made more than I thought, it's like a serving for four people. He smiles and he has everything out on the table, I don't know how he figured out where everything was. Probably looked in every cabinet, yeah, seems reasonable. Jordan pulls out a chair for me and I sit in it, as he pushes me in.