Chapter One

Chapter 1

Picture of Jordan Taylor to the side

Edited by @Florallove

It was the first day of school in the middle of the semester, everyone hates it. I mean, you don't know anyone, or where anything is. I guess I was moving schools, because my mom wanted to ruin my life even more. Tomorrow I have to go to the new school and I'll be the new girl that everyone stares at in the hallway. I walked into the kitchen, got a water bottle. I then sat down on the couch and stared at nothing.

 My mom shook my shoulder lightly and said that dinner was ready. I went down to the kitchen. It was only my mom and I eating. We ate in silence, which is normal. It always gets awkward; we can hear each other chew. Sometimes we talk, but it never lasts.

"So mom how was work?" I asked. She waited until she's done chewing her food and said, "It was busy, as per usual. Are you excited for school tomorrow?" No, not really I thought to myself.

"Yeah, I am" I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm, she shook her head in disappointment. She hates the way I've been reacting about moving to a new school. I should act like it's not a big deal, but how can I? I had to leave my friends and now things will change. I shouldn't be this upset or mad about it, but I am and I will get over it one day.

After we're both done eating, I picked up the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. I then headed to my room and pick out was I was going to wear tomorrow; white skinny jeans, black flats, a black t-shirt with a white moustache on it. I changed into some comfortable and then watch TV until I fell asleep.

~

"Melissa, wake up!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

 I climbed out of my bed as slowly as possible and did my morning routine. I spray some perfume on my wrists and then put on my bracelets that Maddie and Kaylee had got me. I hitched my backpack over my shoulder and walked into the kitchen. I got my car keys from the counter and after getting into my car I began to drive to school. It took me what seemed for forever to get there.

I finally parked in the parking lot and killed off the ignition. I then reached over to the passenger seat got my backpack and took out my schedule. I got out my parked car and walked inside the big front doors. I ignored the other student’s stares and wemt straight to the principal’s office. He asked me if I needed any assistance in getting around the school, I muttered a no even though I actually had no idea where everything was.

 Homeroom: Room 142- Algebra.

I was walking around the school like an idiot and when the bell rung and I realized that there was no way that I was going to find my class.

"New here?" A voice startled me from behind. I turned around quickly and saw a guy about the same age as me, with dark brown hair that looked almost black. He had blue eyes that were captivating and fair skin that was not to light nor too dark. He was wearing dark jeans and a black hoodie. He was something I could continue to look at.

My eyes flickered at my schedule and then back at his face.

"Uh, yeah," I said. He took my schedule from my hand, looked at it and nodded. He started walking in front of me expecting me to follow and I did.

"You're lucky I'm in the same Homeroom as you," He muttered. "What’s your name?”

"Melissa, my friends call me Mel” “But I think we won't talk after this," I said under my breath, hoping he wouldn’t hear me.

"Oh, I'm Jordan," he said. He stopped walking and looked at me with a weird expression. "Who said we won't talk?" My eyebrows raised in confusion as he opened the door for me. What a gentleman, I thought to myself.