Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

A chill ran over my body and I snuggled deeper into the pillow. When I put my hand on it, it was skin on skin. My eyes cracked open slowly as the light invaded my eyesight, my eyes narrowed as it focused on two figures that was by the bed. 

My eyes widened at it and I sat up quickly. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hands and blinked multiple times. A smile slipped on my lips as I looked at the figures, I chuckled at them. I was smiling so wide that it was starting to hurt. 

Aaron and Annabell

I got up while putting the crutches under my arms, trying not to wake Jordan up. I walked to the door as I opened it as quietly as I could. They followed me out to the hallway/other living room that was on the other side of the staircase. I sat down on the couch and stared at them in awe. 

They looked grown, how they should be at this time period. Annabell was no longer a little girl, she was about Emily's age. Aaron. Aaron was older, taller and didn't look like a boy anymore. His face was more structured and his teeth were straighter than they were before. 

"What are you doing here?"  I whispered.

"We just wanted to show you that we are alive and that we love you," Aaron said.

"When did you find Annabell?" I asked. 

"He found me a few months after he left," Annabell said. My eyebrows furrowed in frustration.

"So you could've come and at least told me you were alright?" I snapped. 

"I was coming back for you, Melissa. I always was," Aaron mumbled. My gaze softened at him.

"I miss you guys. I still live in the same house. Well, not right now." I looked at Annabell who had a small smile on her face. "Annabell, you've gotten so tall. You're so pretty. You would love Jordan's sister, Emily." 

"Thank you," she muttered, a blush rose on her cheeks. 

"Who's Jordan?" Aaron asked.

"He's one of my friends. He's been taking care of me since I moved high schools," I explained. 

"How old is he?"

"He's my age, 17."

His eyes widened and he sat beside me. "I'm really proud of you, Melissa. I really am. You're still that beautiful girl inside and out."

"Thank you," I smiled at him.

"I'm sorry I left, but I'll be back, okay?"

"Don't leave," my smile slipped off my face and was replaced with a frown. 

"Bye, Melissa," Annabell said.

"I'll see you soon, Melissa. I love you. Always remember that," he said. He kissed my temple and engulfed me in a hug then kissed my forehead when he left.

~

"Melissa," a voice said. I said something incoherent and smacked the hand that was poking my cheek. 

"Melissa, wake up," the voice said again.

"Go away," I said. Hands tickled my sides which made my eyes shoot open and I started to squirm. I was laughing uncontrollably. "Stop! I'm awake!" I tried to swat Jordan's hands away from my sides.  Jordan started laughing and rolled onto the bed, his laughter died down in a minute.