Something Different

Something was different. The moment I woke up I knew something was different. I am not talking about the slight headache that was about to fade out completely. Something else... Something that chilled me inside and froze my mind, something horrible...

Last night... The last thing I remember was the weird stranger asking for the time. "About midnight" I have told him. "Good" he has replied "Just the right time"... After that my mind went all black and I felt as I was floating like a feather in a dark and long tunnel.

Now I was in my house, in my room, in my own bed. I don't know how I got here. I looked at my hands. They looked a bit pale but at least I still had them. I checked my body... No wounds, no missing parts...

Maybe the horrible feeling was just the effect of a nightmare that I don't recall having, I was just being stupid. I walked towards the bathroom, I had to pee. As I was passing by the mirror I wanted to check how I look. My reflection was not where it had to be. What??? I touched the mirror as if it would change anything. I could not see myself on the mirror. Are you kidding me? Is this some kind of a stupid joke? I checked my neck to prove that it was just a prank of my friends and I have not become a vampire. To my shock there they were... Two little holes two inches apart. I could even feel the dried out blood on my finger tips. 

I couldn't breath. I couldn't move. I fell down on my knees not knowing what to do. My whole body started shaking terribly. My stomach was beating faster than my heart, a feeling I have never experienced before. Is this the thirst? Is this the thirst for warm blood? My shaking hand still obeyed my brain and moved closer to my mouth to check if the teeth has also changed. 

Ouch... Yes they have changed. They have grew longer and obviously sharper as I was looking at the little drop of blood on my finger that checked them. Seeing that little red drop alerted all the nerves in my body. I could not resist to taste it. Mmmm... I liked it. I liked it very much... I need more.

I had to find blood. I had to go out to hunt for it. What am I talking about? It is still day time, I can't do that. I have to stay in until it gets dark. I don't know what will happen to me if I go out and I am not willing to risk it. My stomach begs me to fill it with warm blood, I am hungry. It is not like the hunger for a slice of pizza or burgers, I can fight with that... But this? It is something else... I have to find blood. If not outside, than in the house... 

I hope my little sister is still sleeping in her room.