19. Marichat Because Thomas Astruc Likes to Crush Our Dreams (Weredad Rewrite)

Marinette POV
Adrien...I wish he knew about my feelings. But every time I try to talk to him, I stumble over my words and end up embarrassing myself. Deep down inside, there are all of these feelings and even knowing the possibility that he'll never like me back. He sees me as just a friend...he's never shown any interest in me. I try to concentrate on the fight instead.

"I trust you'll take this one back to his mom?" I ask my partner, Chat Noir.

"Yes milady, you can leave this to me," I smile softly as Chat bows and hops away with baby August. We're right next to my balcony, so I hop up to detransform.

"MY LADY!!! She should've come this way...Oh hi Marinette, did you see Ladybug?" I gasp and look back to see Chat Noir standing with the baby. "We think she might've taken baby August's pacifier. Wait...how do you have it..?Could it be that you're—"

"I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU CHAT NOIR!!!" I find my arms around Chat, embracing my partner like a lover. OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE?
"Wh-What?!" He has no words.
"Marinette? Are you up—OH," My dad just made it a 100 times worse. "Oh is there something going on here?"
"Oh yes, I um love Chat Noir..*cough," I am dying on the inside.
"Oh really, in that case you should come over for brunch tomorrow young man," my father throws an arm around him.
"NO! I mean, he's a superhero! He's got more important things to do than attending brunch," I try reasoning with him.
"I'll do it, I'm free tomorrow, so maybe we can talk then?" He asks. Chat what are you doing?
"Um..Okay then..see ya I guess," I trail off as he hops off my roof and I'm left in confusion.

"Tikki what do I do? I was trying to protect my secret identity and now he thinks I'm in love with him, Ugh!" I scream into my pillow.
"Why don't you give him a chance, Marinette? He may be in love with ladybug but he may fall for you as well,"
"But Ladybug is me. And he doesn't know that. Wouldn't it be like cheating if he goes after me all of a sudden? Wait, why am I talking like this? Adrien is the one that I love," I clutch my pillow and Tikki rests next to me.
"Maybe you can start looking at other boys. You aren't in a relationship with him, so it should be okay for you to explore other options,"
"You're right Tikki...and I know from that one day Chat Noir has genuine feelings for Ladybug...but what will I do if he starts liking the Marinette version instead?"
"Didn't you want him to stop liking you?" She asks.
"Yes, But then he'll be in love with the same girl! Tikki, What will I do?!" I wail.
"Just be yourself, and be honest," she advises.
"Thanks Tikki. I don't know what I'd do without you,"

Adrien POV
"Marinette in love with Chat Noir? I didn't think he was her type," I look at Plagg as he dives for the cheese.
"Before you know it, we'll be enjoying warm and crispy bread with every piece of cheese," he grabs two from the cupboard. "OUR LIFE IS ABOUT TO CHaAaanGe!!"

"You know I'm in love with Ladybug,"
"What's the problem with keeping two pots simmering on the same stove?"

I walk to the bathroom, checking my reflection in the mirror.
"I have to be honest with Marinette, I'll go over there during brunch but only to tell her the truth,"
"Are you kidding?! At least wait until after the chEese platter is served!" I sigh. At least she had the courage to confess her love to me. If only my lady did that.

Marinette POV
"He's not showing up Tikki, he's in lOve with hiS LaDy," I smirk to myself.
"You don't know that Marinette, he's been rejected by Ladybug so many times, maybe he's changed his mind?"
"No way, Chat Noir changing his mind? There's no one as stubborn and one track minded as him,"
*after 10 min

"I told you he won't come,"
"Maybe you questioned his love for macaroons," Tikki says. I gasp.
"I don't believe it, What a glutton!" I storm downstairs as the bell rings. "I'll get it!"
"Uh..hello Marinette,"
"H-hi Chat," I say.
"CHAT NOIR YOU'RE HERE!" My dad squeezes him tightly.

*insert events of weredad because I'm lazy.

"TIKKI!!!" I call out.
"Marinette, I'm here! There's some sort of barrier keeping us sealed in!" I hear her.
"Tikki!" I follow her voice and come face to face with her. "Spots on!" Why am I not transforming?
"Looks like you'll have to figure another way out," I see something sparkle in the distance. A glass case?
"Aha!" I run towards it.

Right when I climb all the way to the top, Chat comes tumbling in, landing next to me.
"Marinette? Where are we?" He asks.
"Some sort of prison. My dad sealed it in and the way out is to destroy this Rose, (I think),"
"Um...what's that?" Tikki.

"It's a toy from Japan, Yeah it's a little gift, see a bug mouse!" I say.

"Hello, I am Marinette's best friend!" She just makes it worse.

"That's a Kwami, isn't it?" He just stares blankly at me. I sigh.
"Yes..."
"We'll talk later. For now, we need to get out of this place," he breaks it, causing us to fall.
"Spots on!" I scream and change.

After the fight, he isn't too happy with me.
"My lady, why did you lie to me?" He asks.
"Chat, I thought you were going to find out my secret so I made up an excuse. I'm sorry, I don't love you," he sighs and looks away.
"Getting rejected twice, yowch. It hurts a lot, you know. But since I know you who you are, you deserve the right to know my identity,"
"Chat, no! This is dangerous," his ring beeps faster.
"I'm sorry I disappointed you, My lady," he falls to the ground, shrouded in despair.
"Chat? No! What are you do-" and right before me, Adrien, the boy of my dreams is sitting in his place.

Adrien POV
I don't know what to make of Lady-I mean Marinette's reaction. She froze, and then sank down, looking super shocked.
"What? Oh yeah...didn't expect me huh?" I look up at her and she's crying...?
"No...this has to be a dream. I can't believe...Chat is Adrien...?" I smile sadly.
"Yeah...and you don't love either of us?" I feel the shred of hope left disappearing in my heart.
"Actually....Adrien...you are  t h e o t h e r b o y,"
"WHAT?!" I stand up, and face her.
"Yeah...I've been in love with you since the umbrella thing...um and that's why I never looked at Chat. I fell for Adrien,"
"What the–You rejected me because of...me?"
"Yeah it doesn't make sense but—"
"Can I kiss you?" I interrupt her.
"Do you need to ask?"

"I love you my lady," I smile while hugging her.
"I love you too, my chaton,"