10. News reveal

Adrien POV
"This is so boring. Why can't you stay home and play video games all day like a normal kid?" My Kwami whines as I put on my tie.
"That's because I'm not a normal kid, Plagg. I'm the son of a famous fashion designer as well as a model. Many people know me and this is just a way to earn publicity. Sometimes, I have to go as a formality," I explain to my very bored Kwami.
"Yeah...but please let me have some more cheese," He begs. I called it. Suddenly there's a knock on the door.
"Adrien, it's time to leave," Nathalie peaks her head in.
"Okay, I'm coming," I let Plagg sneak into my jacket and dust my suit. My hair is a little more free than normal, but it makes me feel more like myself (Chat Noir).
______________________
Marinette POV
"Cookies?" My mom asks.
"Check!" I call out.
"Cupcakes?!" She asks.
"Check!"
"Cake?"
"And...Check!" I call out the last item on the list.
"Thank you for helping us Marinette. You can go now. Just make sure to come back soon and stay safe. If there is an akuma alert, you know what to do," My father pushes me to go get ready. I run up the stairs and fall on my face.
"Marinette! You're going to be late! The party is at 4:00." Tikki tells me.
"What's the time now?" I ask in panic and pull out my phone.
"3:23?! Meh, I still have time (for the first time)," I slide over to my desktop and switch it on. I kiss the pictures of my beloved as Tikki laughs in the background. My phone rings...it's Sabrina? I answer the call.
"Hello?" I ask.

"Oh, hey Marinette. Chloe told me to tell you that the party is fancy and you can't wear trashy peasant clothes....huh?.....just find something that doesn't look like it wasn't from a trash can. And keep in mind that Chloe is trying to be nice by giving you this advice," I roll my eyes and answer back.
"Then why isn't she calling me herself?!" I ask the girl.
"She's getting her nails done! By the way...I think you'd look really cute if you actually dressed nice, just saying," I cut the call before hearing any more rude remarks.
"Sheesh, and I thought Chloe was bad..." Tikki flies over to her makeshift bed. I show her the dress I made for her (It can be anything you want) and she adores it. She dances in front of the compact mirror and I admire her in her glory.
I put on a light blue dress with my hair tied into one bun and my bangs brushed neatly to one side. Luckily, this dress had pockets so Tikki was able to fit.
"It's already 3:54?!" I let Tikki get in my pocket and I run outside to meet a limo that I thought I would run into. Oh yeah, that's because Mr. Agreste invited me personally as an escort for Adrien as his date! Of course, Adrien doesn't know it because we planned it that way. Mr. Agreste wants him to be happy so I can't see why it's wrong.
I walk to the limo in my silver heels and Gorilla holds the door open for me.
I get in and meet my crush face to face.
______________________
Adrien POV
"Hi Marinette! You look beautiful!" I smile slightly and blush.
"Thank you," I look at his perfect self. He's wearing a tux, which makes it harder for me to behave normally.
"Y-you l-look re-really g-good t-t-t-toooo," I awkwardly pause after every word.
"Thanks! I'm so excited for the party. Although, I'm confused on why you're..." He looks at me up and down.
"I'm your date! Surprise? I don't know. Your d-dad wanted you to have fun and go with a friend. Since he knows me, he wanted us to go together," I spoke to him but stuttered only once! Yay!
"Oh. So this is my father's work. Once again, he's not coming himself," Adrien sighs a little, looking sad.
"He's a busy man. Anyways, I hope we can enjoy ourselves at the party. I heard almost everyone is going," he glances my way, and smiles a little. So cute!
"Yeah, you're right Marinette. If I can't enjoy it with you, what kind of friend would I be?" My heart sinks to that.
A friend. That's what he thinks of me.
"R-right," I frown a little.
"We're here!" Adrien suddenly composes himself and I do the same. Nathalie opens his door. A red carpet? Whoa, fancy. Then again, I was in a limo. He gets out and gracefully holds my hand as I get out.
"And it's none other than Adrien Agreste and his mysterious date to be announced," a man quickly replies.
"Unlike this amateur, I researched her before we went on air. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you, Adrien Agreste and his girlfriend, Marinette Dupain Cheng," I shiver a little at the announcement. All of a sudden, I'm getting glares from his female fans.
"Aha! But sources tell me Adrien is a single man!" The other reporter argues.
"But you don't know that, what if Adrien decided to have a secret girlfriend?!" The man bickers.
"Idiot, why would he bring her to the party of she was a secret?" I quickly step in between them.
"Please stop, I'm just a friend who is here as Adrien's date," I intervene. As much as it hurts, friendship is the only thing we have going for us.
"Yeah, Marinette's right. We should get going. Come on, Marinette," Adrien gives me his hand and we make our way up the stairs.
"Wait a second..." I sense it. A great darkness.
"An akuma!" We yell in sync.
"Look for it! We can try to catch it before it reaches its target," I order him. He nods and we search around outside.
"Over there!" I grab an empty glass from a waiter and throw it over the bug. It's stuck.
"Whoa...Marinette...you caught an akuma?!" Adrien asks me in disbelief.
"That girl...Marinette saved the day!" The first reporter says.
"She's saved Paris! A true civillian heroin," the other reporter pats the first one on the back.
"The only thing we need now is for Ladybug to purify the akuma," he says. Beads of sweat form on my face.
"Yeah, let's wait for her. This whole thing is recorded on the news, after all," a person says. I can't transform here! But if I leave...people will start to doubt me and possibly lead to a reveal.
"Adrien I have to use the bathroom," I give him the glass carefully.
I make a run to the door.
______________________
Adrien POV
"Hey, where is she off to?" A random guy asks.
"The bathroom," I bluntly state.
"Why is she taking so long?"
Finally irritated, I shoot back,
"Why do you care so much?" I ask before I realize my ring finger is in the glass.
"Ah, a boy who is irritated with the annoying public eye. A perfect victim," I hear his voice. I try to stay positive.
"I won't fall for your trick," I say back.
People start whispering.
"Is he...fighting Hawkmoth?" I shake my head and transform.
"Sorry my lady...Plagg, Claws out!" I yell and many are surprised.
"ADRIEN AGRESTE IS CHAT NOIR?!" A reporter yells.
"My best friend is Chat Noir?!" Chloe comes bustling out.
"Stay away from me, Hawkmoth!" I plop the glass on a table and wait for Ladybug to arrive.
"Oh, Chat you're already here?!" She calls from behind.
"You didn't happen to see what happened, huh?" I ask. She shakes her head.
"Adrien Agreste is Chat Noir!" I sarcastically smile at the reporter.
"Wait, what?" I point at her yo-yo.
"Right, time to devilize blah blah blah...Miraculous ladybug!" The spots begin to ring as I look at her.
"It's only fair to share my identity with you, Cha-er Adrien," we wait on silence as her costume goes poof. A small red Kwami hides in a pocket.
The mask comes off and reveals my own princess, Marinette!
"You're my lady?!" I anxiously squeal with joy.
"And you're my kitty," I lift her up into a spin.
"Oh wait, what about Hawkmoth?!" A random girl asks.
"Darn! This is exactly what I was afraid of!" Marinette sighs heavily and turns to the two reporters.
"I have a plan, and please just make sure everyone in Paris is on lockdown. This may be the one time Hwakmoth decides to make a move. He knows who we are now so we can't hide it," She tells them.
"Need some help?!" I hear the voice of a woman behind us. It's none other than Ladybug's friend, Rena Rouge!
"Oh, the Master sent you....nevermind I'm just glad to see you," Marinette smiles at her masked friend.
"Uh, girls? Sorry to interrupt but we kind of have a new situation on our hands..." I intervene. I gesture to a giant blimp flying in the sky with a huge R on it. The blimp suddenly stops, and there is a voice of a lady on the loud speakers.
"Hello, civillians. We are your new foe, the Requims. We will take over the government and eventually, rule the world. Ladybug and Chat Noir have been revealed to me so I will take those Miraculous holders with me and try to kidnap Hawkmoth as well. Good luck fighting us," I scowl at the giant blimp.
"Ready?" Marinette asks.
"Yeah!" I say as I hop into action.