Chapter 10: Made in China? - Part 1

Sarah’s POV

Sarah: Sige na... goodnight na.

I said when we’re already in front of my room.

Matt: Ahmm... Okay... Goodnight.

I saw him slowly walks away but immediately turned back.

Sarah: Oh, bakit?

He opened his mouth, trying to utter something but he just scratched his head instead.

So I gave him a peck on the lips thinking that he’s just waiting for my goodnight kiss.

Sarah: Ayan na ha! Sige na... It’s almost 11 na oh. Go to your room na.

I turned my back at him and when I’m starting to turn the knob...

Matt: That’s the problem Love... I have no room. (He said while still scratching his head.)

I turned around and just looked at him, as if confirming what I’ve heard.

Matt: I’ve already checked it, they’re full. I also called the hotels nearby... no rooms available, there’s a festival daw kasi this week.

Sarah: You have a reservation right? Before you came here...

Matt: I asked them to cancel it few hours ago, before my supposed flight. And the slot was immediately occupied.

Sarah: I’ll call them...

I entered my room and dialled the phone.

He also went inside with his luggage and just stood there while watching me calling the receptionist.

Sarah: Hello, yes... I just want to inquire regarding Mr. Guidicelli’s reservation which was cancelled awhile ago.

Receptionist: Yes Ma’am, what about that?

Sarah: Actually, it’s a miscommunication. His flight is tomorrow, so he has to stay here for a night.

Receptionist: But it was cancelled by Mr. Guidicelli himself and the room is already occupied.

Sarah: Could you give him other room in lieu of that? Any room will do.

Receptionist: I’m very sorry Ma’am, but we’re fully booked. You could check out other hotels Ma’am.

Sarah: Okay... thank you.

He’s smirking while looking at me.

Sarah: Ba’t tatawa-tawa ka pa diyan?

Matt: Chineck mo pa talaga kung totoo yung sinabi ko ha? You could also call the other hotels.