7- Watchful eyes

Sam, T'Challa, Steve and I were changed out of our suits and our things were taken from us. We are locked up in a SUV and being taken to undisclosed location, traveling through Berlin.
"So you like Cats?" Sam suddenly says.
"Sam" Steve says looking back at him.
"What?Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?"Sam says.
"Your suit.. its vibranium" Steve asks T'Challa.
"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you...as both warrior and king.. how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" He says to Steve who says nothing, as we go underground.

The vehicle comes to a stop and we are let out. Steve glances over and sees Bucky locked up in a pod and being hauled away. I take Steve's hand and squeeze it as we approached Sharon, who is not alone.
"What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asks her.
"The same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition" the man with Sharon says.
"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander" she explains to us.
"What about our lawyer?" Steve asks him.
"Lawyer, that's funny" he replies letting out a light laugh, " see their weapons are placed in lock up. Oh, we'll write you a receipt" he adds.
"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that"Sam says as we see our things being taken away.
"Put those special cuffs on her" Ross then says and Steve stands in front of me protectively.
"You don't need to do that" he says.
"It's for everyone's protection" Ross says to him.
"Steve, it's okay" I say.
"She's not a threat" he says to Ross.
"Steve, it's just protocol" Sharon says as an officer takes my wrist and places a metal cuff on it.
"That will trigger a jolt of electricity if you use your powers with it activated" Sharon warns as we all walk away following Ross.

We head down a covered walkway and Natasha joins us.
"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now do me a favour and stay in it."Ross then says as he starts to walk away.
"I don't intend on going anywhere" T'Challa responds.
"For the record this is what making things worse looks like" Nat says to us.
"He's alive" is all Steve says to her.
We come upon Tony talking into his phone, "no, Romania was not Accord sanctioned, and Colonel Rhodes is supervising clean up"
"Try not to break anything while we fix this" Nat says to us.
"Consequences? You can bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir" Tony says as he then hangs up.
"Consequences?" I ask him.
"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something" he answers.
"He's not getting his shield back is he?" I ask.
"Technically it's the governments property, wings too" Natasha says.
"That's cold" Sam says to her.
"Warmer then jail" Tony says to him.

Steve and I are seated in a glass walled conference room facing the control room, a million thoughts are going through my mind on how it all came down to this.
"You okay?" I hear Steve ask bringing me back.
"I never imagined this being on me" I say holding up the cuff.
He takes my hand in his, "I'm sorry Cassandra, if I had known his would happen to you"
"Steve, I've told you over and over again I will always be by your side no matter what" I say as I gently kiss him on the lips.

 He takes my hand in his, "I'm sorry Cassandra, if I had known his would happen to you""Steve, I've told you over and over again I will always be by your side no matter what" I say as I gently kiss him on the lips

"Sorry am I interrupting something" we hear Tony say and pull apart.
"No Tony, your not" I say.
"Good, wanna see something cool? I pulled something from my Dad's archives. Felt timely" Tony says as he takes out a black box with two pens inside.

"FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1942. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most" he says as he sits down with us.
"Some would say it brought our country closer to war" Steve says
"See if not for these, you wouldn't be here" Tony says to him.
"I'm trying to.. what do you call it? That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it" Tony says.
"Is Pepper here? I didn't see her" I ask him.
He contemplates answering "We're kind.. Well not kinda"
"Pregnant?" Steve asks.
"No. Definitely not. We're taking a break. It's nobody's fault" Tony says.
"I'm sorry Tony, I didn't know" I say as I squeeze Steve's hand.
"A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then we had to mop up HYDRA.. and then Ultron. My fault, and then I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her, I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference." He gets up and paces. "In her defense I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, and mom always made it work"

"You know I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single" Steve says.
"Oh, really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God I hate you" Tony remarks.
"I don't meant to make things difficult" Steve says.
"I know, because you're a very polite person" Tony says.
"If I see a situation pointed south.. I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could" Steve says
"No you don't" Tony says.
Steve gives a thin smile, "no, I don't.Sometimes"

"Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth

"Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone. We need you Cap. So far, nothing's happened that can't be undone, if you sign. We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych-centre..instead of a Wakandan prison" Tony says to us.

Steve frowns, and picks up one of the pens as he then stands up and walks around the table, "I'm not saying it's impossible, but there would have to be safeguards"
"Sure, once we put out the PR fire, those documents can be amended. I'd file a motion to have you two and Wanda reinstated" Tony says.
"Wanda? What about Wanda?" I asked concerned.
"She's fine, she's confined to the compound, currently. Vision's keeping her company" he says.
I get up and join Steve's side, "Oh God Tony! Every time we think you see things the right way" Steve says.
"What? It's 100 acres, with a lap pool. It's got a screening room. There's worse ways to protect people" Tony says.
"Protection? Is this protection?" I say holding up the cuff. "This isn't protection, it's interment, Tony" I say anger building up.
"She's not a Us Citizen" he says.

"Just Stop"I hiss.
"And they don't grant visas for weapons of mass destruction" Tony says.
"She's a kid! What am I" I say.
"Give me a break! I'm doing what has to be done..to stave off something worse" he says and I want to blast him.

I feel the energy surge through me and when it gets toward my hand I get an electric shock. I wince in pain and Steve looks at me, "I'm okay"
"You keep telling yourself that" Steve then says as he puts the pen back, "hate to break up the set" He then takes my hand and we leave the room.