Epilogue

Tony and I finally had made our way back to New York. Secretary Ross wanted me arrested, but Tony wouldn't allow it. He made up a lie saying I had turned my back on Steve, realizing how much a danger Bucky was, and that I was going to sign the Accords. Ross agreed only if I was to wear the cuff, and live at the compound. I agreed to the terms, and was kept under the watchful eye of Vision and James, who was in recovery for getting paralyzed in the fight. Tony eventually decided to also stay at the compound, the tower now empty from everyone gone.

I was sitting in my room when there's a knock at my door. I look up to see Tony standing there, "this came for you, I think we both know who it's from" he says passing me a box.
"Thanks" I say taking the box.
"He sent me one too" he tells me.
"You should open it, read what he has to say, and keep an open mind" I tell him.
"I'll try" he says as he then leaves my room.

I move to my couch and sit down, my hands tremble as I open the package. I see a letter and two boxes. I take the letter and I slowly open it and see Steve's hand writing.

     "My dearest Cassandra, I wrote this when I first realized what was going to happen with us

"My dearest Cassandra, I wrote this when I first realized what was going to happen with us. I knew bringing you would cause me to lose you but you had to come. When I woke from that ice, I woke up in a new world. I lost my best friend, and the women I had loved had grown old and had a new life. I woke in the unknown, but you came into that gym and became a friend. We fought side by side and I was impressed with your strength and your stubbornness. That night you asked me to stay because of your visions was the night I started to fall for you. You helped me discover that maybe I could love again and find new friends and people I can call family.
But now that family is torn apart and so are we. I know you said we will find each other again and I hope that is sooner then later. I'm glad you are staying at the compound with Tony he needs someone who can straighten him out. I know it we'll be hard for you not to kill him but just know that's Tony being Tony. Now your probably wondering what's in the boxes I sent with this. Open the blue box first"

I slowly open the box to see two necklaces inside the box. One is in the shape of his shield and the other is a pair of boxing gloves.

 One is in the shape of  his shield and the other is a pair of boxing gloves

"I had someone create a replica of my shield for you engraved with our saying on the back, so you will always have a part of me by your side

"I had someone create a replica of my shield for you engraved with our saying on the back, so you will always have a part of me by your side.The other is to remember about the first time we met. The other box I wish I could have given to you in person but I hope when we do see each other next I have you answer"

I open the other box to see a stunning antique engagement ring and I start to cry.

"I love you Cassandra Jean Austin and hope someday when this is all over I can make you my wife

"I love you Cassandra Jean Austin and hope someday when this is all over I can make you my wife. You'll always be in my heart and I hope to always be in yours. I love you and know I'm safe. We will be together again someday.
Yours truly Steven Grant Rogers"

<<<Authors Note>>>
Well this is the end of Book 4, Steve and Cassandra are apart, but as Cassandra knows they will find each other again. Thanks for reading!! The final book is up and it's called Coming Back To You, hope you enjoy it!