chapter 30

7 years later ...

"...happy birthday dear milo, happy birthday to you."

"thanks dad haha. we're visiting mom again, right?"

"of course man. now here's your present!"

"thanks dad."

he unwrapped his present. it was an ipod.

"really dad?!"

"yeah."

"but wait, lets go visit mom and see what she has to say about this."

we drove to clementine's grave.

now just so you don't think that we go like everyday, we only go on our birthdays. on her birthday, we add some new flowers.

"hey mom, its my birthday today. dad got me uh new ipod."

"yeah, well you're 17 now, tell her how you're doing in school."

"i'm doing...okay."

"he has a girlfriend."

"her name's olivia. she's pretty."

"of course you would think that, she's your girlfriend!"

"shut up thomas!"

"hey, be nice. thomas tell your mom how you're doing."

"um, hey mom, i'm doing better than milo over here."

"hey you're in 8th grade, that's so easy!"

"shut up, you already passed that!"

"hey, be nice thomas."

"i'm just trying to talk to mom, okay?"

"then talk to her. we'll go over here."

"okay."

me and thomas stepped aside. except we weren't far enough, thomas went and ran around the cemetery, while I stood there. I could here milo clearly.

"hey mom...um, so, i'm 17 now. remember when you told me to grow up to be amazi guys? well that's what i'm trying to do. i'm trying to become a writer, since dad told me the story of you guys, maybe i'll write about that. mom...I miss you. you said you'd always be here, right? good. because i'll always need you mommy. i'm doing good...I hope you're doing better. i'll see you again, soon okay? can't wait to see you mom. I love you. thank you."

and he got up and walked up to us. he had tears in his eyes. I hugged him real close.

when we were driving back home, thomas fell asleep like always.

"hey milo?"

"yeah?"

"she loved you alot you know?"

"she did?"

"yes milo. you were our first. i remember when we found out you were in her stomach, she was so scared. she thought I hated her, but no. I was happy. when you were born, I was really happy."

"so you weren't mad because I ruined your lives?"

"you never ruined our lives! you were just an addition. you remember...when I told you about when me and your mom first met?"

"yeah, at a coffee shop."

"yep, she didn't want anything to do with me. until she realized she was being a bitch, then she let me in."

"in where?"

"you're gross, milo. into her life, you doink."

"oh."

"yeah. so there's that. now you can start your story better."

"you heard?!"

"yes, but just that part. listen milo...your mom wanted you to grow up to be great. don't break that promise to your mom, okay?"

"okay dad. but dad, tell me something. we got an hour left of this car ride. tell me everything. from the beginning of you and mom."

"everything?"

"every thing."

"well, it all started on a cold day. I went into a coffee shop, and then...that's when my life changed...I saw her. I saw the most beautiful girl my eyes ever saw. i had this feeling in my gut...she was going to change my life..."

...and she did.

(a/n that's it guys! hope you enjoyed reading this! more fanfic to come! follow me for future fanfics! :-) much love, mhemmo x. )