chapter 12

its september, we have a month and a half left until we go back on tour. god. and i still haven't been able to fully convince clementine to come with us. ugh. literally all i wanna do is sleep and not wake up until september ends. i hate this.

clementine has another older brother, but he died like 3 years ago. his name was greg and he was 19 when he died. september 18 is his birthday, and she always needs the most comfort on that day in particular.

but now she has michael. so, guess i'm out of the picture.

or so i thought.

its 3 a.m. i'm trying to get some sleep, and when i finally start dozing off, my phone starts ringing.

i groan, get up and check to see who it is.

incoming call from clemenshine <3 :-)

oh. shit.

*answers phone in raspy voice because girls find it sexy*

"hello?"

"calum?"

"y-yeah?"

"did i wake you up?"

"sorta."

i hear crying at the end of the phone. what the fuck did michael do.

"i'm really fucking stupid."

"why? what happened?"

"well, me and michael went to a bar and he got really drunk and took some girl home with him."

"when?"

"about 20 minutes ago."

"but he's not-"

and then i hear the front door open. high heels are clicking on the floor, girlish giggles, michael's groans, he's home.

"calum?"

"he just got here."

"yeah, god i'm so stupid!"

"n-no you're not clem, michael's stupid."

"oh its okay calum, just admit it. i'm a stupid and horrible bestfriend. i should've listened to you in the first place."

"listen clem,"

here's my chance to tell her. all i wanna tell her is that she can be with me now. i'm here, i would've treated her so much better than michael. i can make her forget all about michael.

"yeah?"

"i uh-"

but i can't. i bite my tongue. i don't know if i wanna risk this or not. i can't. last time, we almost ruined our friendship because of a kiss. and if i tell her i'm in love with her? terrible.

"cal? you still there?"

"yeah, i wanted to say that i'll handle it, don't worry. get some sleep, and i'll stop by tomorrow."

"okay."

"okay."

"thanks for being a friend."

"any time."

and the phone call ends. it's like we're going in circles. she always ends a i-just-got-heartbroken phone calls with 'thanks for being a friend' I REALLY WISH SHE WOULD BE ABLE TO END IT WITH A, 'i love you' or something.

i go downstairs to see michael making out with a drunk girl. wow. how much shallower can he get?

oh wait, and then he pulls his shirt off.