Chapter 9

+Chapter 9+

~Chelsea~ 

"So the guy said he wanted pizza instead." Niko says, finishing up his epic story about his cousin meeting a random guy on the street who had herpes. I wont get into that.

We're all in my bedroom, waiting on Adrian to get back home. Its about 7:00 and Cassidy and Kyle are on the floor, playing the xbox, Niko is on the computer and Josh and I are on my bed, cuddling. This is what I have to do to make sure that no one knows whats going on with Skylar and I. I really don't mind it though. I mean, Josh is mega cool. And i really like him, so it isnt hard to pretend that I'm into him. He pinches my cheek, so i look up at him.

"Are you okay?" He asks me. "You look like you have a lot on your mind." I take his hand and squeeze it gently.

"I'm fine."

Lie.

"Don't lie to me Chelsea."

Before I could answer him, Adrian walks into my room and jumps back a little when he sees all the members of the league.

"Woah. Chels. You could have warned me." He says, turning around.

"Dude," Kyle says, throwing him a controller "You dont have to go. We're not at school."

Adrian looks at Kyleand then at me and then back at Kyle in complete shock. "Am I dreaming? Or did Kyle just speak to me?"

Kyle chuckles and holds up the bowl of chips. "You're cool. I like you. Take a seat."

That reminds me. I didnt get the chance to talk to Cassidy yet. She looks up at me and then at Kyle and then back at me. I swear these kids can read my mind. I take my phone out and text her quickly. 

"What?" Josh says, staring at my phone. I turn the screen off immediately.. as if he didn't already see what i texted to Cassidy. 

Bare in mind, that Josh speaks very low, and everyone else is having their own conversations. So little to no attention is on us right now. 

"What do you mean by Kyle is gay?" He asks, running his hands through my hair. 

Shit. 

How the fuck am i gonna answer that. Think Chelsea, think. 

"Well," I start off, drawing out my word slowly, so that I can gain time to think "Kyle is kinda confused.   Thats why I held him back earlier. He's into Adrian. I kinda sensed it, so.. we spoke about it and that's how I found out that he's gay." 

Solid. Ha. 

Josh studies my face for a while, and then shrugs. He fell for it. "So then why are you telling Cassidy this? Isn't that their business?" 

Fuck. Think Chelsea. Think. 

"Because he asked me to tell her so that it wouldn't be weird." I say. He looks at me and shakes his head. 

"Thats cool.. I guess." 

Cassidy looks at me, and nods her head. Acceptance. Easy acceptance. My job here, is done. 

"So do you wanna hang out tomorrow?" Josh asks me, bringing my attention back to him. 

Play along Chelsea, play along. 

"Depends on why, where and when." I say simply. 

He thinks it over for a bit, and then smiles at me. "Why do I wanna take you out? Because i kinda sorta like you. Where would we go? Thats gonna be a surprise. When are we gonna go? Whenever you want to."