Chapter 6

------------------------------------------- ?Chapter 6? 
.Chelsea. 

We all sit on the big couch, in a circle. We have business to take care of? What kinda business ? 

"Okay." Niko says, taking out a black book. "So here's what's happening. We're taking in two more teens tomorrow morning. They are both from Michigan." 

"What did they do ?" Kyle asks. 

"It says here, that both boys raped a girl the day after her parents died. They shoved a broom into her, and ruined her forever. A few days after they did it, the girl committed suicide. She hung herself in her bedroom." Niko says simply. 

So I know I should scream and say something like.. 'How could they!' Or something, but let's face it. These days, its normal for teenagers to get bullied to death. "Would you guys like to see pictures ?" Niko asks, sighing. 

Wait. 

"Pictures of what ? The dead girl?" I ask out of curiosity. 

"Yeah. And the guys who did it to her." Cassidy says, handing me the pictures. I take them, and begin looking through them. The first few are of the girl, hanging from a rope in her bedroom, and then the others are of her when she was alive. 
Wow.. I know this girl. It seems like Josh picked up on my facial expression, because he rests his hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong?" 

"Its just that.. I know this girl. We went to the same middle school. We used to be .. Friends." I say, remembering the girl with the dark hair who used to stand up for me when people would call me names. She had these amazing and mysterious eyes that anyone could get lost in, but she also had this stuttering problem. She was one of the few people I used to speak to back then, but then when we got to high school, she kinda just stopped talking to me. In a way, she had disappeared. I looked for her, but gave up after a while. And now, she's dead. I didn't realize that a tear had escaped my eye until Josh wiped it away with his thumb. I look up at him, and then continue to go through the pictures. I look at the boys who did it, and realize that I know them too. More than know them, as a matter of fact, they were my neighbors, and I used to date one of them. But I pushed him away. 

"Skylar." I say to myself. I'm pretty sure not even Josh hears me. The rest of the league are having they're own discussion, trying to decide what cell to put who into. 

Why would he do something so stupid though ? Skylar was my first love. I lost my innocence to him. He used to be so kind to me, and we loved each other. Regardless of the fact that I was emo, I used to count on him for everything. That was.. Until I cut it off. He was angry, and I just didn't want to deal with it. I left him because I wanted to be alone, and he didn't understand. He wanted to be with me all the time. He was trying to change me. He tried to help me to stop cutting. He tried to get to stop going to my parents grave, and to stop being depressed. But I couldn't. And I didn't want to. I didn't want anyone to change me. I was okay being who I was. He didn't understand, so I had to leave him. He took it hard, and I just didn't show any emotions, even though I wanted him back soo much. I run my hands over the soft lips I used to adore so much, and stare into his hazel eyes. 

"Chelsea?" Kyle says, looking at me. "You okay?" 

"Yeah."I say, giving the pictures back to Cassidy. "I'm fine. Just tired." 

"Oh. Well we were just saying that you and Cassidy are gonna pick those guys up from the airport in the morning around 7. That's okay, right?" Kyle asks. 

Be at the airport at 7? In the a.m? That means I have to wake up around 6. Is he really asking me to wake up around 6? Is he like.. Sick or something? I sigh, and then look up at him. "Yeah. I guess. Cassidy, you'll have to pick me up though." 

"I can do that." She says simply. 

"So now you're gonna get to see what we do to them when they first arrive. And participate." Josh says. 

"Yeah. And you said you know the girl, so this can be like.. You getting revenge on them for her." Niko says. 

Oh, no. No. I can't torture Skylar. And Kryson never used to bully me. He just used to ignore me. I always wondered what his deal was. He just seemed so.. Odd. I look up, and notice that the league are staring at me. There is no way that I can tell them that I know Skylar, or Kryson. 

"Okay." I say blankly. 

"Are you sure?" Josh asks me, bending his head down to look at my eyes. 

"You're making it sound like she has a choice. Plus, why wouldn't she wanna do it? Those guys bullied her best friend to death." Cassidy says. 

But I just so happen to be inlove with one of those guys. 

"Well maybe we should get to class. We need to go release the blonde girl today." Kyle says. 

"I think we should release her tomorrow, so that the guys know how it works." Josh says. 

"Yeah. That does sound like a good idea." Niko says. 

"Okay, so then we'll do that. But we should still get to class. We have tests coming up next week." Kyle says. 

"Okay then, let's go." Cassidy says. 

................................

The next morning, the stupid alarm clock wakes me up at 6:15. I poke my head out from under my blanket, and growl at it. I swear I just closed my eyes 10 minutes ago. I sigh, and throw the dumb alarm clock against the wall, and smile when I hear it hit the wall. 

I honestly could not sleep last night. How am I supposed to torture the guy I love. And why would he rape that girl?

I get out of bed, and take a quick shower, and then throw on some ripped jeans and a white, ripped sweatshirt. I let my hair down, and put my dark makeup on, then I grab my super cool jacket, and go downstairs, just in time to see Cassidy drive up in a simple white Jeep. I see her look up at the mansion and then back at me. I get into the passenger's seat, and she hands me a cup of coffee. 

"Thanks." I say, taking it from her, and taking a sip. 

"Yep. Donuts are in the back." She says, driving off. I look in the back seat, and sure enough, there were donuts. I take one, and begin to eat it. "Nice house by the way." 

"Yeah." I begin to think about Skylar again, without knowing it. "Hey Cassidy?" 

"Yeah?" 

"How long are we gonna keep these guys for?" 

"Well Niko says that we're gonna keep them for 2 months. But it might be less.. Why?" 

"Just wondering." 

"Okay." She says, turning on the radio, then plugging her Ipod into it. Immediately, Swan Song by A Fine Frenzy begins to play. I love this song. 

"I loove this song." I say, picking up her Ipod. Turns out she has really good taste in music. 

"Me too." 

"And I said what I said and I meant it. But noowww I regret it." I begin to sing along to the music. 

"So," she says in a gossipy tone "what's going on between you and Josh?" 

"Nothing. Why?" What happened to the scary girl who I met two days ago, who seemed like she didn't want me to be in the league? 

"He looks at you like.. You're his world. Josh doesn't look at girls like that. As a matter of fact, he doesn't look at girls period." 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I say, brushing it off completely. "What I wanna know is what's going on between you and Kyle." 

"Oh my gosh. I have been waiting for a long time to have a female to talk to about this stuff Chels." 

Hang on a second. Did she just call me Chels? 

"He's sending me mixed signals. Sometimes he wants to cuddle, and other times he doesn't. He'll act like he loves me and we'll have sex and whatever, and then at another moment, he'll pretend like I don't exist. It hurts." 

Woaaaah. 

"Woah. Well what are you gonna do ?"

"I was hoping you would talk to him for me." She says, biting her lip. 

"I'm not good at that kinda stuff." Kyle seems.. Quiet. Caring, but quiet. Its gonna be hard to figure out what's going on with him. Plus, I'm not good at the talking thing. 

"Please? I hate being so confused." She says. I sigh, and nod my head. 

"Fine. We can have a sleepover thingy tonight at my house and I'll talk to him about it." 

"Sleepover thingy?" She asks, laughing. I start laughing too. 

"Okay, so I'm not used to this stuff. Just tell the others about it. There is no way I'm going to school when I've lost so many hours of sleep." 

"Yeah. Me either. I think I'm gonna hang out at Josh's all day." 

"Cool." 

"Yeah." She says, driving up to the airport. "You get out and go look for them, and I'll drive around again."

Good. I have a chance to talk to Skylar and Kryson. 

"Okay." I say, getting out of the car. 

"Oh. They're gonna know you're a part of the league because of your jacket. So if you don't see them, they'll see you." 

"Great." I say, walking away. As if they don't already know me. I sigh, and go into the airport. I begin to look around. That's when a thought occurred to me. Can't they make a run for it when they get off the plane? Its not like they're gonna want to come with us willingly. 

And that's when a police officer walks up to me, with Kryson and Skylar. Skylar's eyes and mine meet, and I have to grab onto a railing nearby because my legs become numb. His light brown hair is set in the cool way it always is, and his hazel eyes are shining bright and staring into my soul. His smooth lips are just there, inviting me to kiss them. He's got on a normal white V-neck top, jeans, and converses. 

He also looks like he hasn't slept in days. 

Kryson looks like he always has. Completely up-tight, jocky and Kryson-ish. He's a pretty tiny guy, with dark-brown eyes, and curly brown hair. He's Skylar's cousin. 

"Chelsea." Skylar says. I see his hand reach out to me, but he's in handcuffs. 

"You're the representative for the Emo League?" The officer asks, checking out my jacket. 

"Yes I am." I say, trying not to make eye contact with Skylar. 

"Can you sign this paper for me," he says handing me a paper. I sign the paper, and hand it back to him. "And here." He says, handing me the keys to the handcuffs. "What you guys do is great." And with that, he walks off. 

"Chelsea." Skylar says, looking at me like he just wants to hug me and hold me. I can't help myself. I open his handcuffs, and melt right into his arms, completely weak. I break down immediately, crying, and taking in his wonderful scent of vanilla. "God I missed you. What are you doing here ? Are you apart of the league?" 

"That's kinda obvious dude." 

"Yeah." I say, ignoring Kryson. "Why'd you guys do it?" I had to ask him that. I just.. I can't see these two doing something so horrible. 

"Chels," he begins, but my phone rings interrupting him. I grab my phone, and answer it quickly. 

"Yeah?" 

"I'm outsiiide. What's taking you so long ?" 

"We'll be out in a second." I say, hanging up. I quickly dry my tears, and slap the handcuffs back on Skylar's wrist. "You can't let any of the others know that you know me. If they do, they'll never trust me with you guys." 

"What are they gonna do to us?" Skylar asks, fear in his voice. 

"A lot of bad things. And I am so sorry for what I'm gonna have to do to you. But I promise we'll talk later. Let's go." I say, leading them to Cassidy's car. 

.........................

Cassidy helps me put the guys into the back seat of her car, and then we drive off. Instantly, the scary Cassidy comes back to life. 

"So listen up guys" she begins, "you don't speak unless we tell you to. You don't move, until we tell you to. Any actions to make a run for it will result in severe punishment. This is my warning to you, do not piss me off. Questions? And yes, you can speak." 

"How long are we gonna have to stay here ?" Kryson asks. 

"The least being 2 weeks, and the most being 5 months. We'll decide on that as the time goes on." 

"Is this like jail?" Skylar asks. 

"Nope. Its worse. And that's all the questions you are allowed to ask for now." 

Immediately, her mood changes, and she begins to talk to me again. 

"So its pretty obvious that Josh likes you a lot. Don't think that bringing up Kyle would make me forget all about it. Tell me what's going on." 

I look in the rearview mirror at Skylar, and see him begin to tense up. I really just want Cassidy to drop this right now. 

"Nothing is going on between Josh and I." 

"Then tell me why he looks at you like that. Josh never looks at girls like that. He makes it look like you guys have known each other for years. Today when you guys were holding hands in the hallway, it made you guys seem like you were a couple. A serious one. Its weird." She says, shrugging. "But I like it." 

"Woah Cassidy. The only reason he held my hand is because he felt me tense up because everyone was staring at me. He was trying to comfort me. There's honestly nothing going on between the both of us." I look at the donut box and notice that its still full. 

"Well I don't think Josh feels that way about it." 

"Oh. Well hey," I say, trying to change the conversation, "those boys look like they're starving. Can I give them a donut or something?"

"No Chels. We're not allowed to be nice to them. These guys got sent here because they made a girl kill herself. Your friend. Remember?" I look back at the guys and sigh. "They'll get some lucky charms when we get them to the dungeon. Maybe." 

"Well, what if they're innocent?" I still refuse to believe that they did that to the girl. 

"They're not. They have been tried by a judge and everything. They received the guilty verdict. That's why they got sent here. Remember Chels, all this stuff is legal. It goes through all the stages that a regular murder case would go through." 

I look at Skylar again, and sigh. He would never do something so reckless. I just know it. 

We pull up to Josh's house, and realize that the rest of the members are waiting for us by the door with smirks on their faces. 

And so it begins.. 

-------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading ! 

Do me a favor. 

Fan 

Vote 

Comment 

And I'll love you forever!! 

-Ally.